Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411672 Posts in 69398 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 09:58:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAndroid: Wood Games 3D
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Android: Wood Games 3D  (Read 1107 times)
dertom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »

Hi there,
I just published a new version of my 3D Android-Game 'Wood Olympics'.
It is a small competition game where you compete in 6 different disciplines
like long jump,some kind of hurdles, running, shooting, etc.
The game is build on top of the libgdx-framework.

The game is still not ready. Some essential parts as sounds/music and additional competitions still need to be implemented.

Nevertheless any kind of advice would be very much appreciated (and of course if you want to shout out about Wood Olympics via twitter or facebook as well :D )

Trailer:

Here is the market-link:
https://market.android.com/details?id=org.tt

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:00:26 AM by dertom » Logged

Check out my game "Wood Games 3D" |  TrailerAndroid |
twitter: tomaga95
dertom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:50:09 PM »

Ok, finally I finished the game and would like to show a trailer I created.

Any comments or suggestions?

kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:03:54 AM »

Wow. Professional. From what i saw only the animations doesn't look too good  Gentleman

Why did you put it up for free?

dertom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 03:14:40 AM »

Yeah, the animations! They are indeed a bit awkward but I like them somehow.  Smiley

I really asked myself if I want it to be a paid game or not. But actually it is
heavily community based at least for challenges and the daily championship which actually is the thing that keeps people playing and come back. At the moment there is only a bunch of active players and I want the game to be fun. If there is noone to compete with the game is no fun at all.

Honestly I could add lots of cool stuff to make the game even more fun but the game actually started as a test-game and due to some code-design-sins the development was very hard lately. So I decided to bring the game to a point where I considered it finished and start over with a new project using all of the experience I gained developing my first baby  Smiley

To get some money out of it I added adverts but actually it is not worth the effort. At least not yet! We'll see! :D Therefore I created the trailer to get some attention. I try to get my game reviewed my some blogs so people know about it. (I was really flashed when I saw that it was already reviewed by some guy! It was very strange watching this! Who, Me? )

kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:30:24 AM »

To get some money out of it I added adverts but actually it is not worth the effort. At least not yet! We'll see! :D

Ads bring almost no money. I think they do only when you're on featured apps list.

Since i am too lazy to check... Is it made in Java? If yes, then i applause for your skills  Addicted

dertom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 10:28:31 AM »

Yes, it is made in java using the great libgdx-toolkit. This makes it possible to create applications for Win/Mac/Lin and Android by just switching the backend. There is also a very very alpha WebGL-backend using GWT (which I didn't test yet).

Ads bring almost no money.
yep :D I think you need >100k people playing the game more than once for getting some money! :D

I think they do only when you're on featured apps list.
Yes, that would be more than helpful! Actually I wonder how long applications stay featured...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic