Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411672 Posts in 69398 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 08:50:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMoto
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Moto  (Read 1184 times)
Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« on: August 03, 2011, 09:01:15 PM »

My new game, a simple puzzle/action platformer. Moto tries to get the gear and then reach the exit. You can build your own lair and share it with others. There's an in-game currency called "scrap" which you use to build lairs. Completing other people's lairs, or other people finishing your lair, will give you a bigger scrap budget, so that you can build bigger and more complex things. (Once earned you don't lose scrap; you can revise as much as you want as long as you're in budget.)

An 8 minute introductory video I did last week(it explains the concepts with some extra detail, and is the closest thing to an instruction manual right now):

Play the game:

http://www.ludamix.com/games/moto/

or if you want to play a level:

http://www.ludamix.com/games/moto/?u=Triplefox

There is an optional $5 "alpha pre-order purchase" which you don't need to play. It gives a scrap bonus and later will give some sort of exclusive feature - more pieces to play with etc. I plan to keep developing this and adding more features, maybe get some better art+sound...this is just the start.

Lukasz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 10:51:49 PM »

I just tried the level a few times, here are my thoughts.

Its seems to me that it is quite easy to get "stuck", you get into a scenario where it is not possible progress because you cannot destroy any of the tiles/blocks. It is unclear to me if I can somehow progress or if I need to start over.

I think you need more ambiance like music, background, animated objects within the level. The game feels very much like "sprite moving around in a tile editor"

I like the dynamics of the tiles; smashing blocks (although it appears quite limited because you need to gather power ups to do so), fire, falling rocks (animation of these could be improved).

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 01:46:44 AM »

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 04:14:14 PM »

Bumping for v1.22.

Also,

Sim9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 03:15:49 PM »

I like that a level editor is built in - I messed with it a little and created a very simple level.  Seems like the people who do level editing might want the ability to make multiple levels though?

Gameplay-wise, I'd often fall off one unit blocks.  I eventually figured out I had to jump first and then move, but I'm used to jumping and then moving, if that makes sense (here that results in falling off the platform)

Also, checkpoints would be nice, it's frustrating to have to start all over after making it to the second or third layer of platforms.  Alternatively, you may want to consider starting with shorter levels and gradually increasing their length/difficulty.

Anyway, looks like a neat project overall.  Good luck with future development Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic