Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:56:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDino Quake (Neutronized) Released!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dino Quake (Neutronized) Released!  (Read 4033 times)
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 04:15:37 PM »

This looks really lovely, I really like most of the artwork and the gameplay looks fun. However, honestly the boss graphics/big dinosaurs really seem to let it down for me. They should be larger versions of the smaller enemies or carry the same likeable look to them, right now they look out of place IMHO. Adore most of the other sprites, though.  Smiley
ink.inc
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 08:11:03 PM »

Looks great! The jump animation could look more... jumpy though. From the video, I couldn't tell it apart from the idle animation.
kiwicode
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 07:48:00 AM »

Hi there,

Dino Quake has been released! Play it at the following link:

http://www.neutronized.com/games/DinoQuake/

Looking forward to your feedbacks. Thanks!

However, honestly the boss graphics/big dinosaurs really seem to let it down for me. They should be larger versions of the smaller enemies or carry the same likeable look to them, right now they look out of place IMHO.

That's a good point, I noticed the same style problem while I was pixelating the bosses.

I came up with these sprites right after a couple of sprite tests which had the same style of the small enemies sprites. I didn't like that results since, mainly due to the different size, they looked too stylized and with not enough details. So, the actual bosses sprites don't 100% follow the style of the other sprites but I think they are still the best I could choose.

aekeren
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 09:24:13 AM »

I played about halfway through the second stage.

The gameplay is top notch.  The earlier stages have a great rhythm, jumping and quaking enemies is a pure joy.  The power-ups are done in a very interesting way;  not knowing which power they give until quaked is a pleasant surprise.

The difficulty has a nice curve for the most part, however I have a few gripes.  The levels before the first boss were much harder than the boss itself.  Also, the enemies which jump platforms break up the rhythm and make for an experience that is borderline frustrating.  With nests, for example, the safest approach is to kill all the border enemies and then tackle the nest.  Trying to take on a nest with nowhere safe to run from the hatched dinos is suicide.  However, this strategy becomes dangerous when the tiki ghost pops out.  I feel that luck has a big part to do with the player's success in these situations.

The pixel art is top notch.  I was immediately drawn in to the game.  Even during the loading screen I knew I was in for a visual treat.  The sounds and music fit the game very well, also. 

Overall this is a very fun game and believe that the flash community will really enjoy it!
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 04:05:57 PM »

I'm a bit late here, but had to give a big thumb up for this game. The art is so charming! All your games have an awesome unique gameplay element to them. I actually think this is worth way more than just a flash release on the web.

Have you ever considered releasing these games for other platforms? I reckon they would do great on mobile devices. You would have to rethink the controls, but I can see some games that have potential with accelerometer and such.
I began as a flash developer myself, and the android SDK was suprisingly easy to pick up.

Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 09:34:04 PM »

Very charming artwork and concept. I fell in love with it before I'd gotten two levels in, just by how pretty and smooth everything was.  Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic