Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411653 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 11:33:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingShould I finish my 2d blackberry minecraft clone? [video]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Should I finish my 2d blackberry minecraft clone? [video]  (Read 2153 times)
morphanite
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2011, 08:13:10 PM »

Hey!

So I have been working on a blackberry game for a little over 6 months. It is in an early alpha stage and I have a list of features and bugs I haven't gotten to yet.

You can take a look at a gameplay video here (the quality isn't the best):

I loved the idea of a 2d (top-down) exploration / crafting / collecting game, and I have been trying to finish it the last few weeks. I have been working on it for so long that I don't even know if it is fun anymore!

So, should I try to finish this game and release it on the blackberry app world, or take what I have learned and apply it to a new (potentially more original) idea?

Thanks for the time!

- Morphanite
sevn
Level 0

Game design student

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 01:24:59 AM »

kinda cool, but it drifts more towards harvest moon than minecraft. The top down view dosn't help. I would of gone with a Side scrolling/platformer view. And I cant really see any chance for creativity while playing, which was the point of minecraft.

If you could identify more with what makes minecraft a great game and build those things into this game, it would be awesome. You've defiantly got a good foundation, but a long way to go.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:36:25 AM »

finish it. There are fewer and fewer devs on blackberry so you could get a mad success there.
The blackberry people are desperate for game devs, so if you finish your game you can have them feature it prominently

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 01:52:31 AM »

and while you're at it, turn this into some sorts of RPG. maybe this don't feel like minecraft due to topdown view, but it sure looks like one of those RPGs and building random stuff would be an awesome addition.

just think about it, searching for some rare metal deep in some caves to create an ultimate sword for defeating that lvl 28 dragon.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »

Good call on Harvest Moon, sevn. I was seeing a 2d Animal Crossing, actually.
Never got to play Harvest Moon.

Yeah.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic