Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411719 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 11:10:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJellynauts (Going Stars' first game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Jellynauts (Going Stars' first game)  (Read 1171 times)
BoxedLunch
« on: October 21, 2011, 05:39:54 AM »

Jellynauts is a shmup where you fight flying heads (among several other things) in colorful skies with one of five pilots unlockable pilots. After searching for a sponsor for around 2 months, we decided that we might as well just release it for everyone to play right now.

This is the first game made by Going Stars, a flash games company by Andrew Brophy and I where we hope to make plenty of awesome games.

Controls
Arrow Keys - Movement
Z/X - Shoots/Continues
P - Pause
M - Mute

Credits
Andrew Brophy - Programming, Design
Daray Manning - Art, Design
Lextrical - Music

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:06:16 PM by boxedlunch » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »

Yesyesyes
Playing now, will edit with my feedback <3

EDIT:
Ahahaha I am so bad at shmups
I wasn't able to get past the spacesyringe
But it was very enjoyable, I loved the quirky style. I think the style makes the game- there's no particular mechanics to make it unique. But the interesting graphics make up for that and make it worthwhile.
Great job, looking forward to more from you guys.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:08:02 PM by Ashkin » Logged
Fyren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 05:21:16 PM »

I got up to the Frankenstein monster puppy.  The style, graphics, and music were good, but the gameplay was pretty uninteresting.  I guess I'm not looking at it from a casual game viewpoint, but the enemy bullet patterns were not really interesting, player speed seemed slow, and the player hitbox seemed large.  Worst of all, almost every enemy just moved left and right across the top of the screen.
Ronsho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 02:41:30 PM »

Yeah, halfway through the first flying head fight I realized the game felt weirdly minimal.  Then when I realized it was a series of heads (notice that I didn't read much of the post), it was pretty hilarious.  I love the drawing style.

2nd play, I made it to the guy who was dropping kidneys.  The extra lives were a good addition, although a continue point might have also been nice.  The bombs that turn into four indestructible balls when you shoot them were a nice, sadistic touch.

I did agree, though, that it felt like the first few enemies took a bit too long, and the back and forth movement could be broken up a bit.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic