Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:06:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTechno Chopper
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Techno Chopper  (Read 2312 times)
GZ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:28:04 AM »

Hello everyone.

Techno Chopper has been released. Here is a screenshot and video:

This game is the infancy of an idea I'd eventually like to revisit which involves getting cool indie music and making levels out of them using effects and themes. Right now, it's a straight forward one button game, but with prismatic visuals, music timed effects, and time shifting. If you like cool indie music or bizarre visuals, you might like this game.

The game is free on PC for a limited time, and can also be purchased on the XBOX Indie game service for $1 USD.

PC Download: http://gzstorm.com/downloads/TechnoChopper.zip
More Info: http://gzstorm.com/techno-chopper/

Chef Boyardee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »

This Game Is The Crock Of Crap.This Game Is The Piece Of Bullshit.Always I Stomp,Kick This Game,Always Break,Smash It,Fuck To The Egypt,Fuck To The Pyramid,Fuck The King Tut.Just My Opinion.

Check out my game

Cunnah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:24:03 AM »

I have been lurking on this site for while working on my own projects but just because of the the incredibly rude/trolling reply I decided to check it out.

Its not bad! A quick coffee break game.

I have no idea why is slows down or accelerates I would probably make a power up that does this rather than random chance (if that's what it is). I would also tie point increases to those power ups (both fast and slow they both throw you). Other than that the difficulty is just right, I would perhaps leave a while before the tight gaps appear as they are the ones that get me most of the time.

Well done.
sevn
Level 0

Game design student

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 01:15:28 AM »

What the shit.

I do want to complement highly on the design, music, and to some extent the zany gameplay, but I do sympathize with Chef Boyardee.

You have a great foundation, but a  weird execution of gameplay. If you added some sense into the gameplay, or at least, gave us an idea of whats going on, it would be much awesome.

Also, I would personally trend towards demoscene music to be more suited Smiley

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 06:45:23 PM »

ignore those fools the game is perfect as it is, it's like micro mike for the action 52, but better

deathtotheweird
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 07:59:39 PM »

ya I agree. it's fine as it is. more fleshed out version would be cool, but I really like the simplicity of it all.

good work.

my high score is 5467 after playing for about 10 minutes.
GZ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 02:26:53 AM »

The game was deliberately simple and made on a small development budget, most of the time being spent on the style, effects, and music / gameplay integration. In that sense, I got the majority of the features I wanted in this game since it's largely a prototype for my larger idea. Similar to how the World Of Goo prototype eventually turned into the real World Of Goo. One thing I'd really like to do with the expanded version is showcase cool indie music, and this is one of the big drives behind this project.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Pasty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 05:54:43 PM »

hey man, this is pretty cool. i played it for a little bit and it's a great time-waster. the graphics and the music are both pretty cool. good to see you still trucking along!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic