Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411651 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 11:11:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpin-Bashers (early prototype)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spin-Bashers (early prototype)  (Read 752 times)
tiglionabbit
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:33:35 AM »

This is a two player competitive game!  Grab a friend and try it out here: http://nickretallack.com/spin_bashers/

Near the end of tigjam I decided to download Three.js and Box2d2.js and see what I could make with them.  This is the result.  It's pretty simplistic, but after seeing people have a lot of fun with very simple games like ShootBastard and Electric Eels Being Dicks, I thought it could work.  All ya do is try and ram your opponent into the various crates in the arena until they are dead Tongue.

Right now the graphics are just boxes and there's no sound or special effects.  I'm sure with some explosive collisions and a few doodles of buff dudes holding a plank of wood this game could be a lot more engaging.  Anyway, just thought I'd show off what I have so far.

Btw, feel free to gank my source code and use it for reference.  The file vector_compatibility.coffee is especially notable as it shleps together the two different 2D vector classes from Three and Box2d to make them interchangeable, and adds a few more useful methods to em.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic