Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411651 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 10:55:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRoadeo - Road versus car, two player racing game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Roadeo - Road versus car, two player racing game  (Read 3586 times)
eventhandler
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2011, 07:38:48 AM »

Roadeo is here! It's a two player racing game with a twist: Road and car compete for the victory. One player controls direction and ascent of the constantly growing roadway, while the second player tries to keep his race car on the unpredictable course for as long as possible.

Play the game on Kongregate,

and have a look at some screenshots:

I'm particularly interested in feedback about the balance of the game - did road or car win more often? Do you feel that one role was overly advantaged? Of course, I'm always happy to get some general feedback about the game, too.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Desert Dog
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »

I think... NEAT!

Don't have anyone to play with, atm, but I'll try to snag someone. :D

Also: Currently on a poor computer. Does the game adjust itself, and cut down on graphics to help performance? If so, thoughtful of you. When I loaded it, the graphics didn't look like the video/screenshots. Tongue (grey block, and wotnot).

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 07:13:46 PM »

Cute visual style.

I haven't had a chance to play it with another human yet but this is a neat concept. A more expanded version with online play and you can just take my money right now.  Hand Money Left Addicted
MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 07:18:39 PM »

I likes. I was playing the road and the car. good style

needs a 1p where you can play the road or the car.

great original concept creating the road on the fly vs the car
eventhandler
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 12:06:49 AM »

Currently on a poor computer. Does the game adjust itself, and cut down on graphics to help performance?

No, it doesn't adjust itself automatically - there are three different quality settings, though. Once in the game, you can press escape to bring up the options menu and adjust the quality there. The default setting is highest quality, which should run fine on any reasonably modern PC (I developed and tested the game on my four year old laptop and didn't experience any show-stopping performance problems).

Thanks @all for checking out the game! I'm aware that a single player mode and online play are the most requested features everywhere. Unfortunately, my current time budget is a little limited, so you'll have to bug those human friends of yours for the time being. If there's really no one around you can try to play alone in co-op mode and control both, road and car - multitasking ftw!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic