Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 01:28:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTwo simple little flash games plus bonus pack of games from a bunch of students!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Two simple little flash games plus bonus pack of games from a bunch of students!  (Read 1212 times)
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« on: December 23, 2009, 05:36:35 PM »

College projects!!!

This year in our Flash course each student had to make two micro-games each.
The games were to be handled by an external shell that would randomly play them and keep track of how well the player is doing overall. Sort of like a warioware or big brain academy clone.
I finished my two games a few weeks ago, and now that the semester is over I got some time to show em off!

Now, because the external shell handles the games, there arn't any play controls on the games themselves so just hit refresh when you want to try again. I made special english versions of my two games that can play outside of the shell juuuuust for you...  My Word!

Oh and we had a bunch of limitations on what we could do, like all of the controls had to be with the mouse and the left mouse button, and the games had to be only 10 seconds long; if a game takes longer than 10 seconds, the shell presumes something went wrong and loads another game. There were a few other minor things but I forgot em....

First game. Spin around the screen with your mouse to avoid the projectiles, and click to shoot the monsters eyes. you can play it here:
http://www.frankiesmileshow.leafo.net/Stuff/datthang/Disaster/jeu.swf
Its basically a 10-second micro gyruss...

In the second game, you have to fill a watering pail with water, and then water some walking plants in the bottom of the screen. You can play it here: http://www.frankiesmileshow.leafo.net/Stuff/datthang/Botanix/jeu.swf

Also, yes all of the sounds are me going PYEEW PYEEW and modifying the voice in Soundbooth....

Aaaah aannd you can try out the final warioware-ish project with all of the students' games (including my own) here: http://tim.college-em.qc.ca/~microjeux/ though its all in french.

First you have to "register" a name so it keeps your high score. Keep in mind that all games use the mouse and the left mouse button, and nothing else. That should help a lot in figuring out how the games work. If you fail 3 times, its over. A lot of the games are very confusing to play, but most of em are just about either grabbing things or avoiding things. Or clicking a cat.

Curseman
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 01:47:36 AM »

They really do feel like warioware games.

I like yours better than the ones I got randomly from the "full" game, especially the spaceship one.  I especially like the artwork in it.
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 07:25:01 AM »

Man, the Gryuss thing looks so good.  I loved it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic