Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 05:50:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallKWO Advanced Demo Video Preview-Merry Xmas everyone!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: KWO Advanced Demo Video Preview-Merry Xmas everyone!  (Read 6882 times)
krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:02:05 AM »

Grin

KrabbitWorld Origins-Free New Advanced Demo-Merry Xmas everyone!

« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 02:23:14 PM by krabbo » Logged
krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 11:44:21 AM »

System Requirements

* Intel Mac or PowerPC G5
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later
* NVIDIA 7200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+
  Video Card
* Latest OpenGL Drivers

* Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
* 2.0+ GHz Single Core Processor
* NVIDIA 7200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+
  Video Card
* DirectX 9.0c

* 1 Gig RAM minimum
* 1 Gig free hard drive space to install and play

* 1024x768 minimum resolution
* 2 button mouse
* Internet connection required to play
   for authentication purposes
(may still play in single player mode)

http://kw.krabbitonline.com/node/5
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:41:14 PM by krabbo » Logged
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »

Hey, I remember the whole Krabbit thing from a long time ago... I think I've been registered on the site, do I still get a free copy?  Tongue

My games on  GameJolt.com

krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 08:53:56 PM »

yep!  It's a whole new game.. since we switched technology last November.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:42:25 PM by krabbo » Logged
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 09:35:57 PM »

Awesome, can't wait to try it out.   Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 12:19:32 AM »

So, this is sort of like Phantasy Star Online? What with the hack-n-slash gameplay and instanced maps and such?
krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 10:52:57 AM »

So, this is sort of like Phantasy Star Online? What with the hack-n-slash gameplay and instanced maps and such?
I haven't played Phantasy Star Online and we'd best leave it to the players to make comparisons.

What I can say is that KWO is fantiful and comical. It makes you laugh out loud alot when certain things happen. You do need a playful sense of humour and imagination to appreciate it.

Our combat system is very engaging and original. The melee combat uses a combo hud system that can enhance your damage and experience immensely.
http://kw.krabbitonline.com/node/26  See combo hud diagram.

Our spell system is quite unique as well with summoning aura magic. A 3d aura of the character is summoned to pounce on enemies. This is with the higher spells.

Also our animations are very bouncy with Krabbits able to jump extremely high all over the maps. Use a dex buff and it's amazing!

As for multiplay, we're still in early stages.. and we're no MMO.  We're using zones and smaller maps than typical MMO's. Also it's more like a gamespy system, but in 3D.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:42:54 PM by krabbo » Logged
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 11:37:08 AM »

Also it's more like a gamespy system, but in 3D.

wow that's a really smart idea to mask it like a sort of MMO Smiley

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 08:21:01 PM »

Also it's more like a gamespy system, but in 3D.

wow that's a really smart idea to mask it like a sort of MMO Smiley
Maybe not... there are hundreds of really crappy low budget MMOs that play very similarly and have lots of grind. I closed the Window the first time I saw the tag "MMO", but then decided to give it a second shot because it had a team of two behind it.

I'm not sure it entirely qualifies as an MMO because of the inherent persistent world aspect of the definition. This is by no means a bad thing; the Diablo games can't be classified as MMOs either.
krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »

KrabbitWorld Origins is now available for purchase and download. http://www.krabbitonline.com
Detailed info/walkthrough/manual can be found there as well.

Emails with serial numbers and a download link have been sent out to all who previously signed up at our forums for a free copy.
Pre-orders have received the same.

Thanks,
Krabbo
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 09:30:01 PM »

Alright, didn't get into the actual game yet. The loading screen took forever and I thought the game froze, but I finally got to the game menu and put my code in and everything. You really need to label the buttons. It seems simple enough, but I accidentally saved my character before it was done, so as I was trying to delete the character and start a new one I hit the 'x' near what I assume is the create new character button and quit the game. I'll give more feedback on the actual game later.

krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »

Depending on the system, I've seen it take anywhere from 7 seconds to 1 minute to load the game at the beginning.

The drop down menu on the site opens up a pretty clear walkthrough/manual including screenshots/diagrams of the interface showing how to get started.
http://kw.krabbitonline.com/node/47
Next game update is planned for a month from now with feedback taken into consideration.
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 09:38:06 PM »

I played the game a little bit, I was a bit tired so I probably didn't get the most out of it as I could've. The thing I don't like is just the overall lack of direction. I know the website has everything documented, but its incredibly hard to just jump right into the game. I mean, even full scale MMO's I'm able to go right into without reading anything before hand, but I just didn't get this game. More in game instruction would be nice.

Also, the reason it look like it froze during the loading screen is because the music stops suddenly and the mouse goes to the spinning wheel thing.

krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 11:13:24 PM »

Maybe not... there are hundreds of really crappy low budget MMOs that play very similarly and have lots of grind. I closed the Window the first time I saw the tag "MMO", but then decided to give it a second shot because it had a team of two behind it.

I'm not sure it entirely qualifies as an MMO because of the inherent persistent world aspect of the definition. This is by no means a bad thing; the Diablo games can't be classified as MMOs either.

KrabbitWorld Origins is not an MMO.

There is no grind in KWO. XP and loot flow aplenty. Leveling is fast.

Agreed, Diablo is a favourite among our testers, none of whom found any lack of direction in our game.

I played the game a little bit, I was a bit tired so I probably didn't get the most out of it as I could've.

Probably not a smart idea.  Tongue

The thing I don't like is just the overall lack of direction. I know the website has everything documented, but its incredibly hard to just jump right into the game. I mean, even full scale MMO's I'm able to go right into without reading anything before hand, but I just didn't get this game. More in game instruction would be nice.

As said, the game is not an MMO. Could you be more specific? None of our testers have had any problem jumping right into KWO, but then they are pretty hard core gamers who enjoy games like Diablo, NWN, WoW, CoH, CoV, GW etc. etc..

How far did you get. Did you see the flashing red X (marks the spot) in the mini map indicating where to go?

Try pressing M to bring up the map with the flashing regions beckoning.

Other than that, if you can be more specific perhaps we can fix it.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:44:53 PM by krabbo » Logged
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 05:32:20 AM »

I know its not an MMO, I was just saying that I had an easier time playing most MMO's without instruction than I did this game. And I followed the X's until I reached some enemies and killed them by randomly mashing buttons.

All I'm saying is that its a fairly complex game, and while your website does explain everything, a lot of people will just jump in without reading up on the game and not understand at all. At that point, some will go read up on it and the rest will pass it off as a bad game. I'm going to go read the stuff on the website, but I just think some sort of in game instruction would be very useful.

krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »

All I'm saying is that its a fairly complex game, and while your website does explain everything, a lot of people will just jump in without reading up on the game and not understand at all.

Yes, it is a fairly complex game, and an admittedly ambitious one for a team of two. As time permits, we will build out the tutorial to have more descriptive explanations of what to do. Additionally, we will polish and refine and fill out areas that are at this stage still basic.

In the meantime you may find the links listed below to be helpful.

The player graphical interface image shows how to equip spells.
(click on the images to enlarge)
http://kw.krabbitonline.com/node/42

Tips. These are pretty handy to get you going. Will be adding more as time permits. They will also be added ingame during loading screens in a future update.
http://kw.krabbitonline.com/node/58

Some getting started info. The first two images are particularly helpful.
(click on the images to enlarge)
http://kw.krabbitonline.com/node/47

Thanks for your feedback.
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »

KrabbitWorld Origins is not an MMO.
Said that earlier, also it is quite clear on our front page what it is.
As well as the video there demonstrates.  Smiley

You know perfectly well that the star-burst appeared on the site after I made that post. Either that, or I'm blind. Tongue
krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 03:03:12 PM »

Yes, and thank you.

Hopefully it's a bit more clear now.
krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 02:28:10 PM »

Also, the reason it look like it froze during the loading screen is because the music stops suddenly and the mouse goes to the spinning wheel thing.

Loading times now faster. Initial game load, inventory and paperdoll windows and zone loads all now faster. New download is available.
krabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 03:50:44 PM »

Demo with a step by step in game tutorial is now available.
http://www.krabbitonline.com/node/83

An interactive game features promo page is available too.
http://www.krabbitonline.com/node/88
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic