Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 05:53:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: !  (Read 2632 times)
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
!
« on: December 18, 2009, 04:29:12 AM »

That fiendish Count Can't has gone and taken the town's monument for his evil purposes! The town's mayor has assigned !, Robot to the case - lend him your mind and your heart as you use your left mouse button to solve riddles and get the bad guy!

It's like a point and click adventure. But with no inventory.

Actually it's more like an interactive comic strip with awful jokes. But the music is nice.

This here is a link. The link, in fact.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:34:15 PM »

Nice style but the order of things puzzle and the rap puzzle seem a bit random, at least there should be indication. I won the order of things one by chance and I got stuck on the rap battle, I wanted to quit but the button wasn't available!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 01:47:51 PM »

Aww shucks, the puzzles have their solutions, they're just a bit hidden.

For the order of things one,

You have to pay close attention to what that lady says when you click on things. She tells you what order to click on everything if you look closely enough

For the rap battle

Think about the game's title...

And yeah, I'm trying to come up with an elegant solution to the whole quitting during the rap battle thing (somebody else mentioned it).

But thanks for playing  Grin
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:16:38 PM by Ben304 » Logged
MacDiver
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 11:10:17 PM »

Great game.  Picnic lady's bit was a little confusing.  I was not stuck long, but I still do not know how I passed.  I really liked the phone puzzle, as it was easy to figure out but required a lot of searching and trial-and-error to get the combination right.  I also loved the whole absurdity of the situations and the awkward villian.  I kind of wish that an mp3 of the ending theme was included with the game.
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 01:45:11 PM »

Wow, that's a really creative take on an AGS game.  I had no problem with the "order of things" puzzle and most of that stuff was pretty clever.

But the rap battle was just silly.  Not good silly.  Just silly silly.
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 08:18:37 PM »

MacDiver: Thank you sir! People either seem to get stuck on the picnic lady or the rap battle, and it is possible to guess your way past the picnic lady (though it's a slim chance). Hooray for telephone puzzles, awkward villians and absurdity!

As for the credits song, Sebastian usually uploads the soundtracks he makes for me to his website - I will see if I can convince him to do this once more for !.

JoeHonkie: And thanks again to you! As I said, people either seem to get stuck on the picnic lady or the rap battle. The rap battle actually ended up being the harder puzzle, I think, and it kinda surprises me that so many people have trouble with it. Thanks for commenting  Gentleman
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 06:37:48 AM »

Keep up the good work, by the way.  I think there's a lot of variety that can be added to thge normal point & click adventure genre that...isn't.  Given such easy to use tools, I hopw more people decide to mess with the standard format a bit.
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 07:03:42 AM »

I agree, and am one of the culprits of not really bothering to try and do different things as often as I should. Most of my games are pretty standard fare, but I had a lot of fun doing this.

Hopefully I can come up with some other crazy ideas to try in another game Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic