Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411561 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 05:05:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBeta testes
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Beta testes  (Read 2587 times)
Glaiel-Gamer
« on: December 21, 2008, 02:22:22 PM »

Hey I'm looking for beta testers who have about an hour of time on their hands and like puzzle platformers.

http://www.glaielgames.com/Closure/closure.html

Still need testers.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:03:54 PM by Glaiel-Gamer » Logged
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 02:23:29 PM »

testes

WTF
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »

Pretty great game, though. Really nice unique art style and tech. Interesting puzzles. Very original!! Beer!

And I got to level 10 13 without experiencing any bugs. I think some audio feedback would really help though - especially in areas like the no-drop zones, to let you know why the controls have stopped working.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:42:48 PM by Benzido » Logged
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 02:36:11 PM »

thanks for the suggestions, as I said the audio isn't in yet, but I'll keep the no-drop zone suggestion and play a little buzz or something, email the form to me so I'll remember
increpare
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »

I got to 10 as well, and then sort of got frustrated gave up.  No bugs though.  (don't have much time for game-playin' tonight)

I like the graphics/idea, though it feels a little too claustrophobic for me at times.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 03:48:30 PM by increpare » Logged
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »

I got to 13. Not frustrated, just ran out of time.  Smiley
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »

What was wrong with the alpha testes? WTF

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 03:41:48 PM »

I still haven't played it (it's loading!) but perhaps it would be a good idea to make that text file a txt.
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 04:09:30 PM »

I still haven't played it (it's loading!) but perhaps it would be a good idea to make that text file a txt.

It shouldn't spend that much time to load, without music and art it's only like 200 KB

Make sure you have flash player 10.

And RTF is a pretty universal format....
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 06:42:33 PM »

This is a neat game, Glaiel! I emailed you my responses (I have played through puzzle 10 so far). You should post a screenshot or video in the first post, so people can tell how nifty this is!
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 09:28:58 PM »

I love the concept. You've made some very satisfying puzzles based on a fairly unique idea. Made it to level 22 before stopping. I am not a big fan of some of the trial and error focused levels, although each level is so short it does not make much of a difference.

increpare
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 09:36:46 PM »

I am not a big fan of some of the trial and error focused levels, although each level is so short it does not make much of a difference.
That's a good point about trial and error; it does seem to be more-or-less unavoidable in this game (that is to say, I can't easily imagine it any other way).  Curious...
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 09:19:36 PM »

Status Update:

Graphics are getting implemented slowly

Finished the background music today...
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/197318

Anyone beta testing can listen to this in the background if they really want to, but you definitely don't get the full experience without all the fancy track fading in and out depending on the light.

Game is coming out BETTER than I expected honestly, which is something to say cause I was shooting pretty high with this project.

Next on my checklist is sound effects and dialog (while my animator works on making everything look prettier).

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 06:50:20 AM »

I played the first 9 or so levels. This is a really neat, unique game! Gentleman Unfortunately, it comes off as very casual game-y to me. Which I guess is another way of saying that I'd love this 100% more if there was some context to the proceedings. You know: character, plot, that sort of thing.

Also, a little criticism about the background music you posted: the track sounds muddy because everything is in such a low register. As such, I have to strain to make out the piano melody. I won't tell you how to remix it, but raising the piano one octave would probably help. Smiley

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 06:59:36 AM »

I played the first 9 or so levels. This is a really neat, unique game! Gentleman Unfortunately, it comes off as very casual game-y to me. Which I guess is another way of saying that I'd love this 100% more if there was some context to the proceedings. You know: character, plot, that sort of thing.

Also, a little criticism about the background music you posted: the track sounds muddy because everything is in such a low register. As such, I have to strain to make out the piano melody. I won't tell you how to remix it, but raising the piano one octave would probably help. Smiley

You don't have to worry about either of those really. I just posted the engine and levels, I'm still working on the character and plot (as it says so on the game's description). I have a really interesting story planned out actually. You'll see.

And the music you hear is muddle because that's all my tracks at once. 95% of the time, you'll hear a lot less of the music, like just the ambient glow and a little drums or some of the organ.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic