Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 01:00:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2JOURNEY
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: JOURNEY  (Read 2581 times)
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2009, 10:46:12 PM »

Might as well stake out a spot...

JOURNEY

will be a multiplayer metroidvania with an emphasis on cooperation/teamwork. There will be (up to) four main characters, each with their own moves and ways of viewing the world, which will be reflected on the players screen. I have an idea of the assets I'm going to use, but I'm not sure specifics.

Currently working on a level editor, which is mostly done, at which point I'll start laying out the game itself.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:38:35 PM by dspencer » Logged

dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 09:43:25 PM »

Level editor is mostly done. Doesn't load files, but will be trivial to make it do so. Also lacks undo. Otherwise, it seems good.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »

Sweet!

hi
HanClinto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 03:18:03 PM »

Wow, sounds great!
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 07:32:33 PM »

Is this single keyboard multiplayer, or online multiplayer?

If the former, disappointment, because I won't have anyone to play with me. If the latter, excitement, because this concept is pretty awesome-sounding and I know a bunch of friends I'd grab up right away.

-SirNiko
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »

Online! Right now I'm aiming at LAN support only, because I am by no means a network programming guru.

saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 11:26:27 PM »

In other words, it will work over the net, there just is no guarantee that it will work well Smiley

A platformer is network wise a pretty big undertaking, lan or no. Good luck to you!

dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 12:10:29 AM »

Currently looking at the first two characters, COP and NINJA. Here are the current ideas of how they will act in game.

Noir
The cop has an arsenal of guns and other gun-shaped equipment, which allow him to fire different types of rounds (standard, exploding, ricocheting, freezing, magnetic) in different patterns (standard, rapid, burst), as well as activating defensive fields of different sorts. His battery pack automatically regenerates in the light (solar power!) and isn't able to work underwater or in extremely hot locations... unless he finds a better one. When playing with friends, the Cop is a MUST - ranged attacks support any other character, and his exploring abilities, for the most part, can be used by the entire group (for instance, when he blows apart a wall with the explosive rounds, everyone can walk through).

Ninja
The Ninja also has a great variety of tools to help him defeat his enemies and explore, but of a different nature. He uses throwing stars for a slightly weaker ranged attack, but has the ability to strike close enemies with a deadly bear claw. The ninja knows how to construct a deadly bomb, and to lure nearby enemies into its range, without putting himself in dangers way. Additionally, the ninja can cling to some walls (and maybe climb some others) with his bear claw, and dash out of harms way, or though his enemies for a running attack. It is said that the ninja can go so fast when dashing full speed that he can manage to even go through some solid objects... When takling an objective on your own, the ninja is a good choice - high mobility gives you a good chance at survival, but many of the ninja's exploring skills don't allow your group to follow you.

Naturally, don't expect to see everything here in the game, but you might see some of it!

cheapshot
Level 0

Welcome to your DOOM!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 04:12:32 AM »

Cute man!

Love the original tileset.

I can see good things coming from this!

期待しますよ。^ー^

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: