Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 11:19:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 377076 times)
Rebel_Raven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: June 08, 2013, 12:05:34 PM »

I've only got a vague idea here. it won't be one line. Bear with me.

A sandbox game where you play as a female protagonist living somewhere in a city with rural areas around it. It's there you take up assorted jobs like tailor/seamstress/fashion designer, medic, police officer, fireman, military, cat burglar, gang member, gang leader, dj, club owner, professional gambler, robber, and pretty much every job that one could cram in no matter how menial, or boring, and these jobs would have some sort of mechanic like an editor for clothes, or random action based events for the fireman/police officer to intervene in, or a mixture of management ability and action game for being a gang lord, security evasion as a catburglar, or even a cake decorating game, or music mixing.
While the jobs could be fun, they also provide money/xp that allows you to augment your own abilites, like fighting, or agility, clothes, lifestyle, or what have you.

Lets have parkour included, and arcadey driving mechanics to get around the city with at the least. Crazy transportation ideas aren't barred.

And the ability to have roommates who may or may not be your choice depending on finances. Fleshed out people you have to deal with now and then.

Lets have all walks of life as relationship options. Guys and gals of varying personality types from the people you pursue, or those that'd pursue you. Lets complex it up. Cheating, gold digging as options for both, or all parties. Good people, bad people, lets not discount ideas on diversity here.

Let pregnancy factor in, too. Why not?

Maybe the game could bet set in the future. The female protagonist could have the option to be a cyborg to augment fighting, city traversal abilities, and what ever it could possibly be applied to.

The City should feel alive, and have as few truely closed off buildings as possible. There should be a variety of people doing their thing.

Minigames to keep you occupied like card games, bar games, races, and such abounds!

Maybe optional online, and local multiplayer?
SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: June 08, 2013, 02:20:14 PM »

Stuffery

So basically just real life in the future?
Rebel_Raven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: June 08, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »

Stuffery

So basically just real life in the future?
Well, I wouldn't call becoming a gang lord realistic. Tongue Or some sort of professional criminal. Sure it can be managed in real life, but it's hardly common.

There's "real life" elements involved yes, but I'd like to think of it as a more colorful life. A deeper, richer sandbox game, I'd say, but at it's core the sort of sandbox game we know.
SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: June 08, 2013, 02:45:13 PM »

Well, sounds neat, but'd be incredibly tedious to make. Waaagh!

Any reason why the protagonist has to be female?
Rebel_Raven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: June 08, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »

Well, sounds neat, but'd be incredibly tedious to make. Waaagh!

Any reason why the protagonist has to be female?
Yeah, I'm well aware of the madness behind the idea. XD

Why not have a female protagonist? Tongue
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1605 on: June 08, 2013, 03:52:23 PM »

Because there's a huge gap in dating sims like that. Although "career via minigame" is currently all over the trope.

Only thing is... it sounds a lot like real life!! So why pretend? What if real jobs ARE minigames to earn you score?

Rebel_Raven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: June 08, 2013, 04:05:09 PM »

Because there's a huge gap in dating sims like that. Although "career via minigame" is currently all over the trope.
I'm mainly a console player so I wouldn't know of this "gap" you speak of.
Most, if not near all of the dating sims that I do know of are from the male point of view, too. If you can recommend some female PoV dating games, I'd be interested, though.

It's not like all the jobs in my game pitch will be minigames like diner dash, or something. I mean there'll be police/gang shootouts like more traditional sandbox games. At least the way I envision it. Or maybe shootouts with "fire" as you extinguish building fires.
There's room for action, minigames, designers.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1607 on: June 08, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

The gap itself *is* in the (lack of) female PoV dating sims. Wink

SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: June 08, 2013, 04:57:23 PM »

Or maybe a game where you input data to replicate your actual life and you can muck it up so you don't ruin your real one.. like a git repository but for real life?

So like your game but based on your real life? (become a gang lord, etc)

Of course, it's impossible.
ink.inc
« Reply #1609 on: June 08, 2013, 04:59:27 PM »

there are actually quite a few

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otome_game

(note that most are doujin and therefore not listed in the commercial list)

can't comment on the quality of most of them, with the exception of hatoful boyfriend (which is fucking gr8)
Rebel_Raven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: June 08, 2013, 05:03:43 PM »

Ahh, I totally misread! lol I agree completely.
Ah, I'd love an LGBT dating sim with a female PoV. Maybe a guy PoV option, too.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:14:48 PM by Rebel_Raven » Logged
Rebel_Raven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: June 08, 2013, 05:13:17 PM »

Or maybe a game where you input data to replicate your actual life and you can muck it up so you don't ruin your real one.. like a git repository but for real life?

So like your game but based on your real life? (become a gang lord, etc)

Of course, it's impossible.
Interesting idea! But it might end up depressing if you use it as a time machine to see where you screwed things up in your past, no?

Still, I can see promise in it!

And inputting false data could lead to some interesting experiments!
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1612 on: June 08, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »

One of my main, long-term projects has a totally balanced M/F cast (although terribly pun-named), wherein the relationships and gameplay are totally intertwined, but kind of emergent (and even the plot itself would be). I was planning on romance/sex dynamics playing a role in the action, but not like a hentai where it's the entire point of it.

Stuff's way above my head for right now, though. :/

PS: Yep. That's Johnny, alright. Shrug How's it been?

ink.inc
« Reply #1613 on: June 08, 2013, 05:37:28 PM »

basically an ero persona 3
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: June 13, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »

A coop beat-em-up game with Macho Man Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan as the main characters. Oooh yeaaah!
ink.inc
« Reply #1615 on: June 13, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »

no room for andre the giant Sad
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: June 13, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »

no room for andre the giant Sad
I didn't know him, sry... He could be there too probably.
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: June 13, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »

An Oculus Rift game about dreams, but with more of a point to it than LSD: Dream Emulator has. Basically there's a psychiatrist that has access to his subject's dreams, and the game is about figuring out what's wrong with the subject by using a futuristic version of dream therapy.

You go through dreams controlling the subject and the psychiatrist evaluates your actions, working as an AI. He'd comment on events by displaying different stats for the subject's mental state, as well as verbal cues when he makes observations. So you're playing partly as the subject, but also partly through the psychiatrist's eyes - as if the dreams had been recorded and the psychiatrist is just playing them back to analyze them.

The point is to gather data by seeing what effects specific interactions cause on the dream world and the subject's mental state, and how the two are connected. At first, it'll seem really chaotic and surreal with the game throwing weird events and places at you, and the different gauges for the subject's emotions will seem to fluctuate randomly. By discovering more about the game's dream logic, the psychiatrist will be able to give more insight into the subject's mind, which will help you discover more connections.

By experimenting with things, let's say you discover that banging stones together causes thunder to appear in the next scene of the dream (Grin), unless it takes place inside a building. Maybe some dreams have rabbits, and you'll find out that triggering the thunder event scares them off, at which point following them would change the dream in an otherwise unseen way. If the rabbits don't run away when the subject is in a calm state, the psychiatrist can make an observation about thunder being a metaphor for uncontrolled aggression. As the psychiatrist deduces which events aggravate the subject, the player can more easily avoid them and get more control over dreams. If there's a specific type of nightmare that appears when the subject is too angry (like conversations turning into fights), you'll know to prevent it by avoiding the aggravation-increasing events. With the psychiatrist's advice (sessions take place between dreams, and the player only reads a summary afterwards), the subject will eventually learn to deal with those events in a rational way.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:57:42 PM by sublinimal » Logged
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1618 on: June 13, 2013, 03:43:57 PM »

Sounds like a more surreal version of Ether One (also integrating Rift support). Love the sound of yours though, could make for some interesting visuals and mechanics.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: June 13, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »

My topic is a secret agent who's also a giraffe. He has a few secret agent gadgets, but his main gimmick is being able to stretch his neck to reach higher places. He can also charge up his neck before shooting his head straight up, which is how he breaks things; this is used to knock out overhead enemies Mario block style, or to solve glass ceiling style puzzles, or to smash open boxes to get power-ups.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic