Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 09:43:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEastward
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Eastward  (Read 79589 times)
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2015, 05:50:22 AM »

While I think the lighting is an amazing achievement and great idea, I think the screenshots without the dynamic lighting look way better. I can't really explain why but for me the lighting is really offsetting and disturb the mood the pixelart is portraying. Maybe it's because the pixelart is so awesome and I want to see it more clearly haha  Who, Me?

My game is very 2D art/3D lighting focused as well, and I get this exact same comment all the time (except my art isn't nearly as good!).

I think this comment is great and super supportive of your pixel art, but I think if you're interested in getting 3D lighting on your pixel work and making it happen, MAKE IT HAPPEN! There are a lot of people that can make great pixel art, and even if you want to run with that herd, you can also branch off and make this amazing 3D lighting pixel art thing happen, too!

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
pixpil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2015, 06:50:22 AM »

While I think the lighting is an amazing achievement and great idea, I think the screenshots without the dynamic lighting look way better. I can't really explain why but for me the lighting is really offsetting and disturb the mood the pixelart is portraying. Maybe it's because the pixelart is so awesome and I want to see it more clearly haha  Who, Me?

My game is very 2D art/3D lighting focused as well, and I get this exact same comment all the time (except my art isn't nearly as good!).

I think this comment is great and super supportive of your pixel art, but I think if you're interested in getting 3D lighting on your pixel work and making it happen, MAKE IT HAPPEN! There are a lot of people that can make great pixel art, and even if you want to run with that herd, you can also branch off and make this amazing 3D lighting pixel art thing happen, too!

Thanks for your comment!
Our current art style is a result of iterations in months, both the art and the lighting have changed a lot,  in order to achieve the balance. 
We are happy about the result, that's the best thing, right?
Cheers!  Gentleman

| Follow us on:  @pixpilgames
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2015, 02:56:23 PM »

commenting to follow. love the art style! can't wait to see where the game goes.  Beer!

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2015, 10:26:34 PM »

Wow, this looks amazing!  Kiss

chegr
Level 0

Don't play baseball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2015, 10:41:31 PM »

Finally you are her and can watch you not only via Twitter. Good job!

pixpil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2015, 11:28:01 PM »

Lighted version of the feast!

Wish you guys a happy new year! Gentleman

Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2015, 12:52:55 AM »

hnnnnnnnng that lighting is too good  Addicted

So long and thanks for all the pi
sam_suite
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2016, 03:58:20 PM »

god damn. Following this!

shellbot
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2016, 12:01:25 PM »

How many people do you have working on this?
Is it possible that there's only one super gamedev making this happen?
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2016, 08:07:50 PM »

Hello everyone!
We are a small studio ( 3 people at the moment ) from Shanghai. Gentleman

shellbot
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2016, 11:11:43 AM »

Hello everyone!
We are a small studio ( 3 people at the moment ) from Shanghai. Gentleman

I can't believe I missed that Facepalm

Thank you kind sir
MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2016, 11:17:43 AM »

This is looking super, best pixel art I have seen in a long time!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2016, 11:22:05 AM »

As I was scrolling down looking at the images my first impression was of Japanese animations.  Smiley

On a similar note, probably that's why also the recently started comic book Tokyo Ghost https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/tokyo-ghost came to mind as it has a similar Japanese influence and colors.

As for how people in various parts of the world will perceive it ... is an open question.  Many probably won't recognize the Japanese animation influence but what you have so far definitely looks good style that creates a game environment that people will enjoy one way or another.  Assuming the gameplay is also good.  Grin

pixpil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2016, 07:38:04 PM »

As I was scrolling down looking at the images my first impression was of Japanese animations.  Smiley

On a similar note, probably that's why also the recently started comic book Tokyo Ghost https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/tokyo-ghost came to mind as it has a similar Japanese influence and colors.

As for how people in various parts of the world will perceive it ... is an open question.  Many probably won't recognize the Japanese animation influence but what you have so far definitely looks good style that creates a game environment that people will enjoy one way or another.  Assuming the gameplay is also good.  Grin
The motivation is really simple, we are loving the Japanese animations ( old ones... ), so that we can at least make something we like! The mass market thing is not what we can handle, at all...  Embarrassed

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2016, 11:55:05 AM »

@pixpil
That's the best kind of motivation in the long run. Smiley  Especially, when issues (bugs, etc) come up.  Having that internal motivation can definitely help.

Plus, if you focus on your niche, changes are you'll do a better job and you can get more followers who like what you create and can build on that later on than trying to appeal to many people in area that you aren't passionate about.

pixpil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2016, 09:05:13 PM »

@pixpil
That's the best kind of motivation in the long run. Smiley  Especially, when issues (bugs, etc) come up.  Having that internal motivation can definitely help.

Plus, if you focus on your niche, changes are you'll do a better job and you can get more followers who like what you create and can build on that later on than trying to appeal to many people in area that you aren't passionate about.
Exactly what we have in mind, we need to focus on what we are good at ( of course I'm learning some basics of promotion too, which will help in future ).
Thanks! Gentleman

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2016, 02:06:17 PM »

Cool! Smiley

If interested exploring marketing an indie game, there's a recent article at http://gamasutra.com/blogs/SergiuCraitoiu/20160119/263694/Marketing_ideas_for_your_indie_game.php  There are a few other (and perhaps better) links in the responses as well.  Of course, you'll probably have to see what works for you but the more ideas can increase the chance of your success ... as in: Hand Money Left Big Laff Hand Money Right

pixpil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2016, 09:12:56 PM »

Cool! Smiley

If interested exploring marketing an indie game, there's a recent article at http://gamasutra.com/blogs/SergiuCraitoiu/20160119/263694/Marketing_ideas_for_your_indie_game.php  There are a few other (and perhaps better) links in the responses as well.  Of course, you'll probably have to see what works for you but the more ideas can increase the chance of your success ... as in: Hand Money Left Big Laff Hand Money Right
Thanks friend!

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2016, 10:00:05 AM »

You're welcome. Smiley

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2016, 08:06:41 AM »

So, I found this: https://soundcloud.com/garoadmusic/hand-of-fate-work-in-progress

Pleaseeee tell me my assumptions are correct.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic