Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411660 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 02:42:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG XX: Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant - GAME OVER. INQUISITION WINS
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG XX: Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant - GAME OVER. INQUISITION WINS  (Read 20698 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2011, 12:15:20 PM »

Been waiting to say this:

FISSION YOU'RE A DAMNED LIAR

Also, I did get infected by the gene-stealer.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »

Oh sweet. I played this one like a fiddle.

I'm glad you made the right  choice Ashkin.

Edit: go ahead and share the pms if you want Alevice

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »

What was up with Pierog suddenly second guessing me as a cultist? I thought that much was pretty airtight, given how much effort I was putting into trying to slander Landshark.

I planned on taking you out no matter what was said publicly, I was just stirring up things to expose other heretics (which i did a lot). I used my seer ability on Inanimate when he was temporarily banished and saw everything.

Ashkin
« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »

Oh sweet. I played this one like a fiddle.

I'm glad you made the right  choice Ashkin.

Edit: go ahead and share the pms if you want Alevice
Only because you used me as a puppet Concerned
Share the PMs if you like.
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2011, 04:27:52 PM »

I am very satisfied with my assassination, I managed to get a high psyker, and that was my character's goal! Smiley

I think SirNiko misdirected very well, actually. Even when keeping reading at the end I was uncertain about him. Fission I suspected all along: you were a bit too to obvious in your alliance-making efforts, but I enjoyed that! It was easy being too tight with info, and without information we can't actually play the game. Perhaps we should be drop some subtle hints for people to ponder and debate next time?

You're all welcome to share my messages!

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 03, 2011, 06:08:54 PM »

The whole thing where are the roles were revealed from the start was tricky. I had to find an alibi role. I didn't know Acolyte was the vanilla role, so I went with Hierophant. I figured I could claim I blocked somebody, and if they didn't get blocked I could claim they were lying.

I also figured if I claimed my action to Ashkin the first night, it'd make me seem more believable. Waiting until afterwards and claiming an action makes it seem like you lack confidence, you know?

Unfortunately looks like I got seer'd first turn. I could have tried to play around, but I figured I'd just stick to my original lie and hope that maybe I could get Pierog to waver. But I guess since he seer'd me I was basically screwed.

I did suspect Ashkin might be a heretic or assassin based on his 'hey buddy' routine from before so I outed myself as a heretic to him and asked him to prove his allegiance by telling me who voted for who. He tried to play along, but he answered my question wrong. I was convinced he was an assassin at that point and decided to leave him cold.

Not knowing the identities of the other heretics made things tough. I was really worried about exposing suspicious people for fear they were heretics and I was just putting my allies in the line of fire.

I also felt bad about picking the banish power. It seemed like the only really useful power in the mix, but I hate "you can't play" powers in games like this. Afterwards I wished I'd gone with something else. I feel bad for making Inanimate lose a day of play.
Ashkin
« Reply #226 on: December 03, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »

Honestly, any subterfuge you may have believed me to employ was just me blundering along, trying my best to not get killed. I'm bad at this game.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: December 03, 2011, 08:33:54 PM »

I'm surprised I didn't get knocked off early. I took a real hard approach to my private contacts, which seem to work as people couldn't get a proper read on me. I think I was the most powerful inquisition role as well, and if anyone knew I'd be gone.

WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #228 on: December 03, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »

Just to say guys, even though xion never really posted in this thread, me and him were working together with who to kill. But for some reason he's been gone I think, which led to our downfall after ashkin executed me. And yes, we were the ones taking all the bodies.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:33:52 PM by Fission Mailed » Logged
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: December 03, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »

That's what I figured

wademcgillis
« Reply #230 on: December 04, 2011, 05:33:16 PM »

Just to say guys, even though xion never really posted in this thread, me and him were working together with who to kill. But for some reason he's been gone I think, which led to our downfall after ashkin executed me. And yes, we were the ones taking all the bodies.

Om nom nom? Well, hello there!

No No NO Waaagh!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 04, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »

Too bad we had such a small amount of people, though. I'd love to see more TIGSTWG games.
Ashkin
« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2011, 06:02:08 PM »

Oh and, of course, thank you Alevice for organizing all of this. You're awesome <3
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »

I might have to run one soon. It's been a few months since I've run Werewolf.

Mine might be a little closer to a vanilla game than the last few TIGSTWG have been, though.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: December 04, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »

FIRST BATCH

I'm inclined to think Inanimate may be telling the truth and be an acolyte like he claims I'm not certain on Wade.It's too soon to judge

we should keep an eye out for players that seem to be working together too tightly that's a good sign they may be heretics working in unison

also don't forget your messages might be read in the warp storm because there's a role that does that it might help to disguise your messages like I'm doing

who else have you talked to so far?

obviously I can't prove anything right now I don't think my powers will even show anything if I did hit a psyker with them

unless you're a psyker in which case I can block you as a way to prove it

Here is a backlog of my exchanges. There was also a seemingly inconsequential message from Wade saying "I like potatos /n *facepalm /n I have no idea what to do now" or something.

Werewolf XX - Roles
« Sent to: Ashkin on: Today at 05:39:15 PM »
contrary to what Inanimate thinks with all the roles out on the table I think the only safe way is to pick a few players to open up to, and hope that if one of those gets us killed the others can play on it

hopefully one of the heretics will slip up and mix up stories between two players so we can catch them

as a gesture of goodwill

my ability is to block the abilities of a psyker though I do not know in advance who is a psyker I might also block the order psyker which could be bad

I am also talking with Wade should I die tonight its possible he's an assassin or a member of the heretics

Re: Werewolf XX - Roles
« Sent to: SirNiko on: Today at 07:22:12 PM »
I accept your alliance. I will definitely keep an eye on Wade- his behaviour is suspicious. I have no idea who else is a heretic, though, so I guess we'll have to wait for more people to post to start forming opinions.
I share your penchant for blocking psyker abilities, and I hope we can put these to good use.

« Sent to: Ashkin on: Today at 08:51:25 PM »
I'm inclined to think Inanimate may be telling the truth and be an acolyte like he claims I'm not certain on Wade.It's too soon to judge

we should keep an eye out for players that seem to be working together too tightly that's a good sign they may be heretics working in unison

also don't forget your messages might be read in the warp storm because there's a role that does that it might help to disguise your messages like I'm doing

« Sent to: SirNiko on: Today at 09:04:49 PM »
ah
thats actually a very good idea
anyway we should keep this 'alliance' secret
in case anyone else catches wind of it and thinks we are heretics in cahoots
im actually kinda suspicious of inanimate
i dont really trust him and his charisma it seems pretty suspicious

who else have you talked to so far?

obviously I can't prove anything right now I don't think my powers will even show anything if I did hit a psyker with them

unless you're a psyker in which case I can block you as a way to prove it

the first thing I think is to decide who we trust and who we don't trust

my ability to negate the abilities of a psyker though I do not know which players those are

what about you? what is your role?

Report to duty, Wade! You are to serve the Imperium of Man, promptly!

Current objective: Ascertain the identity of the killer, or killers, and bring them to holy justice, smiting them with our divine fist!

First order of operations: Identify and interrogate the other passengers of this damned vessel!

Second order of operations: Form a coalition of trustworthy people!

Final order of operations: Bring the bedeviled criminals to justice!

Get to work!

[OOC]
I assume that was out-of-character? Smiley Well, yeah, I really don't either, but I look forward to seeing if Alvaraet will manage to pull this one together! Now I will look through the rules again :D

I'd like to both Scan and Sentry Inanimate at the next possible opportunity.

what do you think we should do for the warpstorm
ie who should we use our abilities on
we should probably just use it on ourselves at this point in the game right

I was thinking of trying mine on one of the other players if they act funny we may have caught a psyker (most of the heretic roles appear to be psykers)

there's a chance we might hit the mystic psyker, though which would be a waste of his ability

I think the odds are in our favor to just target at random honestly

also it's hard to tell if Pierog is being accusatory or just punctuating his words oddly I am also tempted to start by hitting him, and see if that gets a rise

[Killing people] Can I do it? Who, Me?

This warp storm I will target Inanimate with my power.

I think that means he gets banished from now to the next warp storm? That is what I would like to have happen.

I can't kill.

Uh...

I'm going to do nothing then.

Who, Me?

okay
targeting at random it is then
i can absorb the effects of a psyker ability but not actually stop a psyker from using his abilities so i guess my job is to protect fellow marines
good luck

ps dont forget to forward your messages to me and alevice as well

I can't kill.

Uh...

I'm going to do nothing then.

Who, Me?

Alright. You can still choose to protect someone you trust.

But I don't.

Protect Crowe

My kill target is crowe.

I am deliberately attempting to draw fire away from my fellow Acolytes. I am totally honest when I say I would die for the Glorious and Pure Cause of Our Emperor.

I just wished to discuss my choice of action with you, as it seems you are on my side (however tentatively it might be).

I have decided to protect myself. I feel as if my boisterous actions have painted a clear target on my chest -- I assume any vile heretics, those lovers of chaos, would despise my attempt to bring order to this crew. They see me as a threat.

I wanted to inform you of my decision, in case it appears I am acting selfishly. Remember, I will probably not be able to survive a battle with the wretched fiends of chaos -- but I will be able to at least take them down with me.

May the Emperor shine his light upon you, Crowe. I hope we can speak again tomorrow.

I cast ABSORB on SIR NIKO.

Crowe, you say? I'm fine with this.

My kill target is crowe. For my abilities, I use it on Xion in order for his role to not be revealed.

Yes, I have suspicions that he is a member of the Holy Order. Right now I would like to find out who our fellow cultist member is, in order to work together and protect him.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 04, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »

I trusted Crowe, too.  Sad
Ashkin
« Reply #236 on: December 04, 2011, 10:20:58 PM »

I didn't trust ANYONE. Not Sir Niko, not Pierog, NOBODY. Really, the final execution was just a flip of a coin (not literally).
Although the deciding factor was probably the fact that Pierog said that, when he sentried me, it said nobody visited me. Probably because I used my ability to block his scan, although maybe nobody visited me anyway.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: December 04, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »

Spoken like a true inquisitor. Glad you made the right choice though.

PaleFox
« Reply #238 on: December 05, 2011, 01:50:36 AM »

i didn't get to do anything or even use my abilties

so it wasn't great
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: December 05, 2011, 01:51:34 AM »

sorry guys I was dead for pretty much the whole game, hope I didn't ruin things Sad

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic