Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411590 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 03:51:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgrammer looking for 2D Artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer looking for 2D Artist  (Read 931 times)
Tokki
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2012, 05:21:02 PM »

Hello all!

I am a 24 year old aspiring game designer looking to make my first independent project. I
graduated with a Comp Sci degree and have been teaching myself how to write games for the
past year. While I realize it would have been easier and quicker to use a pre-existing
engine I wanted the whole experience for my first few games so a few months ago I started
writing my own engine. As of now I have an almost fully functioning engine, designing
levels is a little raw but I intend to write some simple tools to make that easier. While
this is my first "real" project, my goals are high but realistic.

The project is a 2D hack and slash with a focus on the controls being tight and meaningful. I see the project as a sort of Darksouls meets Castlevania/Metriod. While I have some ideas for story, setting, ext in my mind I am still very flexible and would be willing to change anything if the right fit for a partner would come along. My project is currently using some Mega Man X sprite sheets for enemys/player character for testing purposes but my end goal is to be more of a midevil/steam punk era art style.

Who I am looking for: A like minded individual who has an abundance of free time and wants to be a part of a project for experience and more importantly fun. Even though I am not a part of a professional company I expect a certain level of professionalism as my goal for this is a Steam release. As a gamer I would like someone who has a lot of experience playing games as I tend to reference things in other games frequently.

If you have the time to commit and are interested in making loads of sprites please send me

an email at: [email protected]

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic