Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 08:37:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904637 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6080 on: November 03, 2014, 09:54:21 AM »

They removed a lot of annoying stuff like those cryptic psuedo-puzzles, instant death QTEs, attacks that happen as soon as a cutscene ends with no warning, lengthy platforming sections, etc.

Other than that .. there's more enemy variety this time around, you fight demons as well.  More varied enemy attacks, more varied locations, the story is even crazier this time around.

The only thing I liked more in Bayonetta 1 is two of the giant boss fights .. they make an appearance but the fight is different.

Cool, I'm definitely going to check it out when I get a Wii U! Maybe I'll gel with the combat a bit better this time.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6081 on: November 03, 2014, 10:48:08 AM »

I was playing XCOM on my PS3 and ended up now switching to my PC (with a controller anyway, play smoother than KB&M) since I got Enemy Within for really cheap. I was concerned at first that early game was really easy (playing on normal both on my PS3 and PC runs), never lost a meld canister and shit. Then floaters and mutons showed up early than on my previous run and got my ass kicked hardly despite all those sweet mods and shit and got bombed with multiple abductions per day (which made me lose 3 countries way early). I didnt focus on mechs tho, as I heard they make the game way too easy at least early on, so went mostly for gene mods, which make the game cooler without being straight up EZ mode. The lame yakuza dlc helped a lot with all those alloys and shit i was struggling so bad on my previous run. Mechtoids are a letdown tho, they have died quicker than regular mutons ever did.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: November 03, 2014, 10:51:16 AM »

you should play on classic, it gets going way faster (but is also more "frustrating"). classic is the "real" difficulty as far as im concerned, tho none of the difficulties in xcom feel exactly "right" to me. still love it despite this tho.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: November 03, 2014, 10:53:22 AM »

Also Ironman. I can't play xcom unless it's in iron man mode.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6084 on: November 03, 2014, 11:01:18 AM »

I plan to make a second run on classic ironman, as I heard is like the real deal. I abstained from doing so on my first run since I am the scrub and wanted to at least beat it once, and seeing how much I suck at my choices regarding my finances and satellite coverage, I think it was right I went such route.

Im tempted to enable some of the second wave options, but I read about the Long War mod, which seems quite intriguing. Has anyone here had previous experience with LW? I really dig the way combat works on vanilla XCOM, and aside from stats tweaking, I not sure how much LW changes it.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6085 on: November 03, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »

bwar. I've had my finger hovering over buying a wiiu and that game is a big reason.

same. ill probably end up buying a ps4 tho and maybe getting a wii u when the price drops (maybe even used?). i don't use consoles enough anymore to justify buying more than 1.

Your best bet is to get a refurbished one.  It's cheap and also pretty much like new.

Your other best bet (which is too late now) was to get the Mario Kart 8 bundle which also came with a free game when you register on Nintendo's website ..
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: November 03, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »

i'll probably get one when my old wii (bought on launch day) finally breaks down. the disc drive is already noisy as shit. thank you based nintendo for backwards compat.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:39:28 PM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: November 04, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »

Just picked up Crypt of Necrodancer. It reminds me how terrible I am at rhythm games Tired. It's fantastic though. Also tried Transistor. Have only played little of it but I think that the narrator/sword's  voice doesn't work as good as it was in Bastion.

Also, any recommendation on what RPG I should pick up if I liked the Gothic series and the first Dragon Age? Tried The Witcher but it doesn't really click with me.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: November 04, 2014, 09:20:29 AM »

Just picked up Crypt of Necrodancer. It reminds me how terrible I am at rhythm games Tired. It's fantastic though. Also tried Transistor. Have only played little of it but I think that the narrator/sword's  voice doesn't work as good as it was in Bastion.

ya i picked it up during the halloween steam sale. havent gotten beyond the 2nd level so far tho thanks to bad rhythm gam skills (which is really embarassing because ive been playing guitar for 12 years). i need to learn to pay attention to the music rather than the visual cues. that's what fucks me up i think.

Also, any recommendation on what RPG I should pick up if I liked the Gothic series and the first Dragon Age? Tried The Witcher but it doesn't really click with me.

vampire the masquerade bloodlines aka da best
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6089 on: November 04, 2014, 02:45:28 PM »

mass effect

Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: November 04, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »

ya i picked it up during the halloween steam sale. havent gotten beyond the 2nd level so far tho thanks to bad rhythm gam skills (which is really embarassing because ive been playing guitar for 12 years). i need to learn to pay attention to the music rather than the visual cues. that's what fucks me up i think.
I pay attention only to the music yet still get slaughtered everytime Cheesy. Anyway, co-op is mad fun!

vampire the masquerade bloodlines aka da best
Been wanting to pick it up multiple times but alwals forget to. Maybe will get it for real this Christmas.
bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: November 04, 2014, 06:38:47 PM »

CSGO

valve still dealin that FPS crack like it's 2000

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6092 on: November 04, 2014, 06:44:34 PM »

Beat Bayonetta 2 on 2nd Climax (Normal) mode.  Now I'm going through any chapters where I got less than a Silver trophy and trying to improve my scores before moving on to 3rd Climax.

Matousen_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: November 05, 2014, 09:28:29 AM »

Hi guys!

I find some of this game really cool, but at the moment I have discovered Powershine, a new PC game that it's fucking crazy  Screamy
.. just look what I build!
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=43879.0

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6094 on: November 05, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »

SO XCOM lategame has been relatively easy. After the underground base I lowered panic everywhere, got a few more satellites up and now abductions can only occur on canada and mexico, which prevents panic from rising at all. Exalt base was not too hard, managed to capture alive the very first ethereal i encountered on its first turn, and now my only threat has been Sectopods and their fucking half damage armor, who are still manageable with emp mech power and suppression for having them miss. I was hoping psychic powers would be more of a threat already, but all Sectoid commanders I find usually just support mechtoids with shields and thats it.

I want to get done with it to head to classic ironman and see how I fare there

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6095 on: November 05, 2014, 11:09:02 AM »

Also kinda lame that some of the rewards at this point in the game are still like 4 engineers and shit, where the 200 fantasybux are far more useful when panic is not a concern anymore.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6096 on: November 05, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »

Hi guys!

I find some of this game really cool, but at the moment I have discovered Powershine, a new PC game that it's fucking crazy  Screamy
.. just look what I build!
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=43879.0

i'm sure you have.

i've been playing plague, inc, or i was playing it....yesterday...a bit. i beat everything on normal except simian flu, which is confusing and weird

i wish everything had its own unique upgrade trees for symptoms and transmission like necroa virus and the worm one do, but alas.

today, i was playing rayman legends. this game is vast? this game is vast. it's fucking huge big. there are so many fucking levels

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6097 on: November 06, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »

I played a couple of rounds of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth yesterday. Seems like a pretty big improvement over the original, particularly in technical quality. I'm still not really a fan of the extreme randomness or the feeling of the default tears attack, but enemies seem to have a little bit less health this time, which makes combat more tolerable. Worth checking out if you liked the original game at all.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: November 06, 2014, 02:11:36 PM »

Yeah, it's free on the Vita right now for PS+ subscribers. I played a couple of rounds. Were the scrolling rooms always there? I don't remember them. I think it'll hold my interest longer on the Vita.

--

I'm losing interest in my Fantasy Lives. I still think it's a fun game, but I can only play grindfests like that in spurts.

I've been playing some Sokobond. It's a neat, simplistic puzzle game. I'm stuck on one of them right now.

Pinqu!
Level 1

So it has come to this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6099 on: November 07, 2014, 04:41:15 AM »

GTAIV Balad of Gay Tony... that game is so slow.. compared to GTAV it feels like your playing in slow-motion especially when driving :S

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic