Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 06:49:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBlunderBuss Gus
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BlunderBuss Gus  (Read 985 times)
tinyDino
Level 1

Rawr

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »

DOORMAN/ BLUNDERBUSS GUS
Hello!So Im working on this project BlunderBuss Gus! Basically you play as an exorcist named Gus who must cast out all the demons who have enslaved his fellow villagers. As far as game play goes, the basic idea is that villagers walk in through the door and lie in a bed. From there you have a certain amount of time to perform an exorcism or else they become a demon. If you succeed then they are cured and leave, if not then the demon explodes out of them and attacks you, forcing you to fight demons while still trying to tend to your current patients! It should be all sorts of creepy weird fun!  

If you look in the past comments you will see updates of a visually similar game, this is because the current game I am currently showing evolved from this previous game/idea and I thought it would be cool to continue the dev-log rather than create a new one.

gifs will be coming soon!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:08:37 PM by tinyDino » Logged
tinyDino
Level 1

Rawr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 11:00:49 PM »

Okay so I've been screwing around with player graphics some as well as brightened up the lobby; it looked a bit to dark to me. Anyway after playing with graphics and trying to get 360 degree aiming graphics to work right an idea spawned, Dual wielding! Cool It turns out its easier to make the animation look right plus i think this can really expand the mechanics of the game. The idea is that the guns alternate taking turns firing so the player must focus on aiming the correct one. Upgrades could include the way you aim, both firing off at once, damage upgrades, and more! Anyway Ill just leave a pic here in the comments so you guys can see what im talking about.

tinyDino
Level 1

Rawr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 12:51:37 PM »

UPDATE: Okay so I've been fucking around with the aiming mechanics for a while and nothing is feeling good atm. I've tried using the mouse but do to limitations with the animation he could only have 8 aiming positions which made the mechanics feel clunky and slow. Duel wielding fixed this but introduced a whole new slew of problems that are more trouble than they are worth. I'm experimenting with the arrow keys right now, my options are 4 aiming positions and firing once they are hit like the binding of Isaac, or 8 aiming positions with space bar to shoot and arrows to aim up down left right and diagonally. The first one feels a lot better i think but also limits the player and forces them to move around a lot. I'm still looking for solutions but this is all i got atm. Any ideas?
tinyDino
Level 1

Rawr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 11:08:28 PM »

Update: Alot of work has been done in the last few days. For starters all post a pic and talk you through the changes

Okay so as you can see the lobby looks a bit different than in the first pic I posted. Changes include brightening up the environment, reworking the floor and walls, adding the elevator which I will talk about more in a later post, reworking the door which I too will talk about in a later post, some art for the Enemy: Mr, Bruteman, and finally the large fireball coming out of the muzzle of the blunderbuss Gus is holding, which is what ill be talking about tonight. I spent about 3 hours drawing the frames out on paper first before doing them in flash. from there I spent another 5 hours putting it in flash and trying to make the particles look as fluid as possible. The entire animation is 18 or so frames long I believe and is my first attempt at fire which i think turned out pretty well!  Smiley As you can see dual wielding is no longer included in this build due to being over ambitious as well is being counter intuitive to the player. Ill probably make a gif of this soon once i take the time to figure out how :/ Welp that's all I got for tonight! next: AI
tinyDino
Level 1

Rawr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 08:48:37 AM »

We finally have gifs!!!

tinyDino
Level 1

Rawr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 11:00:23 PM »

UPDATE! This is a big one! I wasn't happy with the direction the game was taking and thought the idea was getting a bit boring so I reworked the entire game into a new one! You can see a full description in the reworked front page of the dev-log!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic