Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 05:29:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[FOUND] Pixel Artist Wanted. [Royalties will be paid].
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [FOUND] Pixel Artist Wanted. [Royalties will be paid].  (Read 812 times)
SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« on: June 22, 2014, 05:45:30 AM »

I've had a game in the works for a while, but my abilities as a pixel artist are not quite there.

I can do all aspects of the game, creating music, 'programming' (a lie, I'm using construct), etc. However I don't have a great deal of time to spend doing pixel art, as I am busy trying to make my living as a composer. (And studying for the level 1 Japanese Language proficiency test).

Anyway, you can read more about me on my site ; http://eclipsejapan.jp/

The Request:

I have some pixel art that I have made, however - I need someone to periodically spruce it up and make it fit into the game better.

This will range from characters, to levels, etc.
I would like an artist who can make good pixel art, to the quality (or slightly less) of 'Swords and Sworcery'. However, it will be in a more Japanese style. You will understand by the pixel art I've made until now.

The game I'm making is fairly ambitious. Sort of Abe's Exodus meets Final Fantasy. It is heavy on characters, story, levels and the like, so I will be happy to share a percentage of the Kickstarter, or a percentage of the money the game makes for someone who is willing to dedicate a lot of time to making the pixel art. It is likely that this game will only credit two people. Myself, and the pixel artist. (As well as the backers of the Kickstarter).

I am aiming to make a Kickstarter page and start advertising within the next few months, so, should it go well, there is money to be made here.

Sam L. Jones

Feel free to comment here or message me, with some of your work.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 07:28:22 PM by SamLewisJones » Logged

← Avatar from my  Healing Process: Tokyo. 3 years in so far. Daily dev-log is here. I have advice for composers looking for work, join here, I'll tell you.
SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 06:11:08 PM »

Maybe I should add more details...

The game will be story heavy, as well as gameplay heavy with the main character having 5 types of weapons,
Fists, pistol type guns, swords, great swords, and he can also throw rocks.

Periodically the character will have flashbacks and we will learn more about the characters history.
You begin the story at the highest point on a planet, and you must work your way down until you find someone who can help you...

I am going to be vague here, but for those pixel artists interested, I'll tell them the story.

← Avatar from my  Healing Process: Tokyo. 3 years in so far. Daily dev-log is here. I have advice for composers looking for work, join here, I'll tell you.
Gear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 05:34:23 AM »

Damnit, my art's nowhere near as good as Sword and Sorcery. What's the pixel art you got so far like?
SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:41:44 AM »

Damnit, my art's nowhere near as good as Sword and Sorcery. What's the pixel art you got so far like?

I'm sure you can do better.
I'm not that bad at doing pixel art, but I'm not good at doing animations!
Could you send me some of your stuff?

Sam

SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 07:27:50 PM »

I have found a talented pixel artist for my project, thanks for those who read and messaged me.

If you are interested in how the project is going, I will update my site http://eclipsejapan.jp/ with further details in late July.

Thanks again
Sam

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic