Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 10:10:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for artist for 2D first person dungeon crawler Telemachus.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for artist for 2D first person dungeon crawler Telemachus.  (Read 579 times)
dystonym
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2014, 07:16:12 AM »

Hey TIG Source,

I'm currently seeking an artist to collaborate on a game I have been working on for a few months. The game is a first person narrative based dungeon crawler type game set on a spaceship called the Telemachus. There's some screenshots below, but bear in mind the art is sort of trash because I did it and I'm not very good and the interface is sort of trash because I've not really buckled down and worked on cleaning it up yet.

The game is being made in Flashpunk/AS3 and I'll likely target PC/MAC/LINUX via itch.io first and then a later port to Android via Google Play and Amazon. Greenlight is an option, but first the game needs to be in a presentable state with a playable vertical slice before I would be willing to commit to that. Target price is between $0.99 and $2.99, but that may potentially be reduced or dropped altogether depending on the final quality of the product. If that is to happen, the desktop version will be totally free and the Android version will likely have ads on the menu.

A reasonable amount of art needs doing, but it is largely static art with little animation. I have some ideas for style and can offer as much or as little direction as is wanted. While I do have these ideas for style, I am open to any ideas that you might have regardless of how different they are to mine. While the art I am using is pixel art, I am not at all married to the pixel style and am willing to look at any art style that might fit with the game. Hand drawn, pre-rendered 3D, clay/photography are all things I am looking to explore.

In terms of progress, the game has a ton of features properly implemented already, so most of the work that needs doing now is in content creation (which ideally I need art for) and tweaking existing mechanics. The content is largely already designed on paper, so just needs implementing into the existing framework that is already there.

Target finishing date is some time in August. No plans for ~early access~ or anything, just get it done and get it out.

Revenue split is an equal split between the artist, myself and a friend who is doing most of the creative writing.

If you are interested, get in touch via this thread, jamsbarrett (at) gmail.com or on Steam here http://steamcommunity.com/id/jambar/.

A playable level is available here. However, this level will not be in the final game.

WASD to move.
TAB to open the menu.
SPACE to interact.
Q/E to cycle through menu options.
QE/RF to attack once you have weapons equipped.

Thanks for your time.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:38:49 AM by dystonym » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic