Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411578 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 11:44:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsOcarina Of Time Remake!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ocarina Of Time Remake!  (Read 681 times)
itsryanyo
« on: July 03, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »

Hey guys, I'm introducing this project of mine to you guys in hope that some  people would be interested in helping! At first, I was going to try to make it all myself, but I figured if I worked with other people, I'd have a better overall product. It's all going to be made in Unity.

GOALS/FEATURES:
-Remake of OOT Hyrule in a fully 3D enviroment instead of some places being 3D rendered images.
-Realistic Character models (like Twilight Princess but less dark)
-New enemies and puzzles
-Multiple Difficulties
-Boss recolors  ( stolen idea from the HD KH games c; )
-Trophies
-Remaster all of the audio tracks from the original game
-New dungeons
-New secret boss fights
-Fallen hero alternate ending, and a secret ending
-Tons of side quests
-Cave of Ordeals
-Dark Link battle

If production goes smoothly, we could even incorporate PvP, or even "Four Swords Mode" (4 player co-op)!

Trust me when I say I'm not trying to butcher the game, I just want to bring it to our day and age without taking from the gameplay we all know and love!
I'm going to handle the track remasters, but I need some help making textures and meshs for the models, and with some of the coding. Of course the final product is going to be free for everyone to download.  Note that you'd be working with people from different forums!
If you're interested, fill free to message me!
Also if you have suggestions, fill free to add it to this thread.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 10:03:01 PM »

Note that Nintendo invariably C+D's these things regardless of whether they're commercial projects, they're jealously protective of their IP.

The amount of work that'd be required for this by a team of talented individuals could be spent developing a commercially viable independent game that contributes something new instead of basking endlessly in nostalgia, which imo would be a much more worthwhile use of said talented individuals' time.

Sorry dude.

itsryanyo
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 10:50:42 PM »

Thank you for your concern, It's well appreciated! I'm sure if Nintendo was as suborn about their IP's as you think, projects like the Super Mario 64 remake (

) or the Goldeneye 007 remake (

) wouldn't be happening. I understand that because it isn't a commercial project that people wouldn't be interested but I also believe that there are people out there that share the same feeling about this classic as I do. There's a obvious interest in remakes and I hope I find people that are willing to work on this project with me!
bjadams
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 11:13:17 PM »

I am with Geti here, it's better to spend quality resources and talent on an original concept than doing a remake especially when Nintendo is involved.

iOS & Android developer
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 12:36:22 AM »

If...you know...you make another title that draw inspiration from oot...
I've seen many remake/reiteration of nintendo game and haven't yet heard it been taken down(maybe im just oblivious to it if they in fact did take down all the fan game), but since they already remake OOT for 3ds, i don't think they will just let you make a better, brighter version that's competitive with their remake. After all, this will hurt their sales.

Sorry to trying to shoot down your hope and not being helpful

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic