Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 02:22:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)D-Pixel (Version 0.953)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: D-Pixel (Version 0.953)  (Read 58591 times)
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2015, 08:35:15 AM »

As expected I've found a handful of bugs so far I need to fix in D-Pixel. I'll be working on that this week..
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2015, 11:58:54 PM »

Fixed a bug with the final stretched brush.
Made the stretch brush mode work in a visually nicer way.
Stopped secondary drawing operations activating in Rotate and Stretched Brush mode.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: August 05, 2015, 01:21:00 AM »

I just ran the last release version v0.62 and I was really surprised by how basic and lacking it was in many areas compared to the new version.

I think the new version is a massive improvement and that people will like it quite a bit! Wink
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: August 05, 2015, 12:59:17 PM »

Fixed bug in manual cropping tool which resulted in incorrect location being picked.
Fixed bug in clear tool which didn't clear to Right mouse button pen.
Fixed bug in image positioning prior to a crop when using the preset 9 orientations (top-left to bottom-right).
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: August 05, 2015, 01:12:19 PM »

Ok, I think I've fixed all the obvious bugs. And I've tidied things up and improved some of the GUI layouts.

So.. we are looking at a first release of the new version tomorrow (for anyone who is interested!  Tongue)

Gentleman
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2015, 01:50:24 PM »

If I pixeled, and wasn't on vacation with barely any time behind my laptop, I'd sign up Wink

Anyway, premature congrats on the soon-to-be-release!
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2015, 11:25:27 PM »

I haven't had chance to test it on other machines, so hope it works ok for people:

D-Paint - Version 0.9:
http://www.retroidea.com/DPixel_New.zip

Let me know how it works..  Coffee
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2015, 11:33:06 PM »

Well no comments, but according to my website there were 215 hits on the download link (not all full downloads though, so probably only half were full downloads). So I will take that as a sign that people are interested..

Here is a screenshot (reduced size) of how D-Pixel looks if you haven't tried it yet:

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2015, 02:28:00 AM »

Awesome. Looks great and runs smoothly.

Is clear meant to use the current paint mode? Feel counter intuitive, though I can see the value of the functionality.
When zoomed in a lot the grid stops drawing.
When using snapping and a 2x2 grid cell brush with a centred handle the snap is horizontally offset from the cursor, though vertical is centred as expected.

Could it be possible to disable the secondary image view pane? I won't be using most of the time and just eats up screen real estate.
Could it be possible to disable the animated zoom, it just needlessly eats up time.
It'd be nice to have a "new image" option that clears the image and resets everything back to default. Fiddling with new software can be hard to find what it was that I changed that's messing things up for me.
Tiled editing could really benefit from a tile palette.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2015, 03:19:42 AM »

Welp, windows XP doesn't work. :\

It just tells me its not a valid win32 application.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2015, 06:37:14 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Smiley

ProgramGamer:
Ugh, Windows XP is 32 bit only isn't it? It might be due to a 64bit DLL file I'll have to check the compiler / linker sessions. If not I'll have to try to work out what's going wrong.

Surt:
Yeah 'clear' needs to be a proper clear, I'll fix that.
Is it the Wireframe grid option when you zoom in? It appears ok for me when I do a full zoom. Can you post an image and more details that it goes wrong at and I'll check it out.
I'll look at the 2 x 2 grid cell brush snapping bug.
Yes I do need to add in a secondary image on/off button. For the moment you can move the mouse over the black border between the two windows and click and drag to make it very thin..
Zoom speed is something I need to add back in as well. Thanks for reminding me!
A proper tile palette is a bit more work, but something I'd like to add. I'll add it to my ideas list.

Glad it runs smoothly for you.. Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2015, 09:52:06 AM »

Fixed issue with Clear Screen.
Added in Split window zoom to the System Settings panel
Added in Zoom Speed slider to the System Settings panel
Fixed a bug with sliders with low number range where the slider bar wasn't showing in the right place
Made slider bars proportional for low number ranges
Fixed errors with grid position and grid offset calculations.

These will all be changed in the next public release..
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2015, 11:28:12 AM »

That reminds me that I was missing mouse-wheel control of sliders.

The file open dialog only allows opening a single file at a time.

If I load an image without saved transparency the first index becomes transparent.
Is it possible to set transparent colour index?
I know you can load palette from brush, but it'd be nice to be able to directly load a palette from a file without first having to load the image and grab a brush.

Is it the Wireframe grid option when you zoom in? It appears ok for me when I do a full zoom. Can you post an image and more
An image won't show anything. When I zoom to 64x the grid disappears completely.

One vertical grid line from the side pane draw over the top of the primary image area.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:46:36 AM by surt » Logged

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »

That's easy.. added. Wink
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2015, 12:36:53 PM »

Oh you edited! Didn't see the rest of your post.. Tongue

You can set the transparent colour index for use with brushes to either be the original transparency colour (right mouse button pen colour when copying a brush), current left or right mouse button pen colour (so you can change the transparency colour after copying), or none.

At the moment it can't save as PNG's because the SDL_IMG library's PNG save function saves as a truecolour image.

I don't think BMP's have any support for transparency (alpha channel, or colour index based)?

Is that what you meant?

An image won't show anything. When I zoom to 64x the grid disappears completely.
I meant if it only happens for a specific image, or does it happens for any image you try to edit?
therevillsgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »

More info can be found at my website:
http://retroidea.com/?p=9

Just letting you know your site is having an issue ATM:

"Error establishing a database connection"

Oh, the first time I ran D-Pixel it displayed a greenish screen for at least 10 seconds... is this normal?

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2015, 10:36:53 PM »

Hi,

Yes the site is down for a while now.. I haven't had time to do a replacement.

A greenish screen for 10 seconds is not normal! Does that happen every time you run it?
therevillsgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2015, 05:16:29 PM »

A greenish screen for 10 seconds is not normal! Does that happen every time you run it?

Nah, just the first time. After that I see the greenish screen for less than a seconds.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2015, 07:50:30 AM »

Nah, just the first time. After that I see the greenish screen for less than a seconds.

I've realised this may because when I open the screen I don't clear it straight away, but only once everything is loaded. On my machine it's just black anyway, but I've added some clear screen calls right after opening the screen now.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2015, 09:38:37 AM »

I've reworked the Shade effect. Previously you set the left and right pens to 'bracket' a colour ramp and then could use the left and right mouse buttons to shade within a colour within that ramp. It worked but was pretty cumbersome.

Now it works in a much easier way. You don't have to set pen colours and can just draw over the image. However there are a few assumptions which need to be stuck too when creating the palette:

The colour ramps all have to go from Dark->Light.
For the first colour in the ramp, the colour to the left (which is in another ramp) is always brighter.
For the last colour in the ramp, the colour to the right (which is in another ramp) is always darker.

Hope that makes sense! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic