Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411634 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 06:53:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCarnage Street HTML5 Version / RELEASED!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Carnage Street HTML5 Version / RELEASED!  (Read 1302 times)
MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: December 25, 2012, 08:11:28 AM »

Play the game on your browser
Download on the Google Play Store!

"In short, it's just 'shoot all the crawling ducks', but the ducks are so gushy and the guns are so beefy that it's rather enjoyable." -Amon26

Carnage Street is an-old school shooting game ready to be enjoyed for free on most platforms out there. Use more than 12 different weapons to splatter the massive, upcoming army of zombie and defend your town by painting the street with a nice blood, arcade red.

The game has been released, after putting this off for more than I should! Enjoy and let me know what you think about it.

And have a look at its mini-website!

Original Post:
Hello everyone (and Merry Christmas!)
On those holidays I am working on a porting of my previous game Carnage Street (http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=10493.msg322689#msg322689) in HTML5. I plan on releasing on Android and IOS (as web app) as well.

The game content is almost complete, soon enough I plan to share betas and APKs to test performance and tweak it. Right now it goes quite smoothly on my Galaxy S, which is promising Smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:23:30 AM by MegaLeon » Logged

*blog - *tweet - *leon
MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 04:47:40 AM »

You guys can try it online here: http://db.tt/W3VPmdxd
(I suggest using a modern browser that supports html5 like chrome or firefox)
On Desktop PCs and tablets, the game should run fine with the highest settings.
If you're playing from an Ipod/Iphone, you may want to play with the VFX settings (touch the boxes on the bottom of the title screen to do that).
APK version coming soon!

What's missing:
- Most of the sounds
- Weapon and bonus balances (I believe the PC version was balanced enough - I'm trying to replicate that, but your feedback is alwasy welcome!)
- Graphical and general polishing
- Additional control systems

*blog - *tweet - *leon
holliebuckets
Level 0

lover of all things nerdy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »

I have to be honest, I am a consumer, not a game dev. But, please believe me when I say I  **love** this game.  I currently have a Galaxy S as well and can't wait till I can' play it.  The game has a I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1 feel.  I think the music is fantastic, the upgrades are awesome, and the font is perfect!

This is a game I will share with everyone.  Toast Right Toast Left

If I could change anything - it would be the look of the street.  The texture/color doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the game, but that is the only think I could think of to comment back.

I wish you the best of luck!! Keep in touch!! Smiley
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 08:24:16 AM »

Oh hell yes. I'll happily pay for the Android port.

Do Color Space Beaver next!  Wink
MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 04:34:17 AM »

I updated the version on the website fixing a few bugs and adding a few extra options, now we should be very near to the final version  Smiley As usual, if you play and find any bugs, please let me know!

Also, a beta APK is available here:
http://db.tt/S0sHiup3
fot those who might want to try them on their android phone. I'd be grateful if you let me know about performance using different settings and, again, of any eventual bugs!

If you're on IOS, you can sort-of get the app by browsing to the browser link and adding it to the home screen - You should be able to play offline.

...I wish you the best of luck!! Keep in touch!! Smiley

Thanks for your words! They're highly motivating. Yeah, the street is the most out-of-place element as it was lazily made with a quick filter in photoshop... I plan to refine it though!

Oh hell yes. I'll happily pay for the Android port.

Do Color Space Beaver next!  Wink
My plan is to release it for free along with a "donate" version for those who fancy offering me a coffee  Smiley

*blog - *tweet - *leon
MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »

Update: Game released! Too tired to add some screenshots now, will fix this in the morning!
EDIT: Tried to download the android version and there're some issues about packaging I'll need to fix...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:13:41 PM by MegaLeon » Logged

*blog - *tweet - *leon
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 09:24:45 PM »

Played the HTML5 version. Not bad!

Got 20k on my first run. Didn't grab me enough to think that I'll see/do anything different on subsequent runs, although I did enjoy my first play and the carnage of the later weapons.

Art works well, though I'm not sure I would have visually interpreted the enemies as zombies without having read it first.

Difficulty curve felt slow for an arcade game. Didn't get hit for a *long* time, let through the occasional zed, until eventually I was overwhelmed, losing my last hit point just as the city reached 2 population.

I could be wrong, but on the first play I got the feeling like high level play is completely dependent on the random number generator: no matter what you do, the game will force errors based on swarm generation and weapon placement and type.

I had no idea from the names alone what the control types were, didn't check the help menu until after my first play. I like the precision of Swype. Feels more natural to me than the default. It also feels like the game was designed around 360, since it's easy to waste your shotgun bullets early on when you're locked to the bottom of the screen.

MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 09:25:59 AM »

Android version released! Finally fixed that certificate issue.
Thanks for the feedback, Nyob. I found out that the difficulty scales from player to player, I've received complaints about the game being both too easy and too hard.
And yeah, once you get good at it the replayability factor goes down. Maybe that could be fixed with unlockables or power-ups shop or something like that.

*blog - *tweet - *leon
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »

Had some fun, but didn't really feel challenging or that there was much progression so I quit before dying.
I think the blood looks weird. Not sure if its the texture or the color, but my first impression was that it looked off.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic