Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 04:04:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSanctuary - the rougelike RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sanctuary - the rougelike RPG  (Read 902 times)
crseat
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:03:26 PM »

We'd like to get feed back on our text based roguelike RPG called sanctuary.

It is currently in beta and it's written completely in c++ for the windows console. It is based around a unique combat system that makes skill based combat possible in a text based environment.

Although it is a windows console game, we set ourselves apart by having lots of ASCII art and colors. It's a little light on the plot right now but we're working on that everyday.

We have set up a subreddit on www.reddit.com and already have over 340 subscribers. If you would like to join the beta testing team or would just like to see what the community thinks join us at www.reddit.com/r/SanctuaryRPG.

Here is a link to the game download. Let us know what you think! Thanks!
https://www.box.com/s/10crf4ubhz8ebogzln8c
ColonelMustache
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:34 PM »

Hey
   Well I tried it out a few times. I really like the ASCII graphics and the general display of info is pretty clear. I'm not sure of how much I might be missing out on as I haven't been able to get past level 3, it seems quite tough. I hate to say it but there might be too many attack options, they didn't really differentiate themselves to me. I'm not really much of a math guy so I don't like to calculate all the different numbers before I choose an attack (could be why I died so easily). I think this could possibly be made more interesting with some visceral decriptions of the effects of the attacks. Another thing I think would greatly improve it would be some descriptions of the surroundings and maybe the enemies too. Basically use text more to give it a bit more atmosphere (which it sounds like your working on), and maybe break up the fighting a bit more. I like the direction it's going in and I'll definitely check it out in the future.

Good luck
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic