Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 13, 2024, 09:46:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingImpossible Shoota - Is it challenging enough
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Impossible Shoota - Is it challenging enough  (Read 590 times)
mechaghost
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:28:17 AM »

I originally created Impossible Shoota on the Xbox 360 then ported it to WP7, now I rebirthed it using Unity on Android and the Web (other platforms to follow)

I would love to know if the game is challenging enough and worth people's time and effort to get the highest score possible

http://games.occasionalgamer.com/impossible.html

Thanks!
Elbert Coffee
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:33:29 AM »

Visuals look nice but the gameplay is really basic

can't say if the game is challenging enough, not into this type of games with beating highscores

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 04:46:32 AM »

What is the score you would consider well played? I only played it 3 times and got something like ~6000 before losing interest but this isn't really my kind of game anyway, that is, playing games for the sole purpose of beating scores (nor top down space shooters like this). But I guess some people would find this enjoyable. Don't really know. It's a game, so congratulations on completing one, but honestly it isn't anything to get terribly excited about.

Again, this is not my kind of game at all so feel free to disregard this comment.

UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »

Nice job!  The game is well made, but if I were you I'd take another look at the design.  What is it you want the player to be doing?  The keyboard controls felt a bit floaty to me, and I found that, with an infinite supply of teleport, I'd just click around to safe spots without using the keyboard at all.  If this is what you want the player to do, I'd consider taking out the keyboard controls altogether (possibly adding the ability to click and drag around).  If not, maybe you need to put a limit on the amount they can teleport.  It also might be fun if I could kill enemies in the line between my old position and new position that I'm teleporting to.

I think the most valuable feedback for you would be watching someone play your game.  Don't ask questions, just watch them play and takes notes if and when their experience seems to differ from the one you intended.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »

Pretty fun so far!

Those zigzagging contrails are very distracting. I thought they were bullets at first!

Enemies have tons of health relative to your starting gun. Nothing wrong with that, but there should be some visual indicator of that, health box, or gradually turning red or something to make it easier to intuit how close a ship is to death.

Got to Wave 12. Teleporting around the moving lasers was fun. Maaajor Gradius effect with losing powerups upon death. Didn't note my score.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic