Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411634 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 01:40:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFeedback on Starbattle Kickstarter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feedback on Starbattle Kickstarter  (Read 799 times)
BadHabitGames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2013, 03:19:39 AM »

Hi,

we recently started our kickstarter campaign here: http://kck.st/Y52Ek2 and as you can see pledges don't kick in that much. But what's even worse: People that watch the vid and don't donate are not providing us any feedback.

We want to learn, evolve and find out what people think about our game-concept. But we need proper feedback to do so. Please, Beg Beg if you could spare a few minutes tell us what you think about Starbattle!

This would be a great help to us, thanks!
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 03:47:30 AM »

Stars that shoot... stuff at each other, it's a multiplayer only game and has an incredible simplistic need of artistic imagery.

1) Game seems to have little to no interest. Twin stick shooters already are plentiful.
2) Multiplayer only games are a dying breed. I'd never pay for a multiplayer only game, thank you very much.
3) 20.000k is much dinero for the game.
4) Set a realistic goal.
5) Improve your concept, please. For people to play, you need more.

Yeah.
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 03:59:03 AM »

My first impression is that it looks like something someone put together in a day, both visually and in gameplay. Gameplay seems slow and not much more interesting than many flash games out there, and the visuals are boring. There is an obvious nintendo reference in the type and UI, but the star characters to me are very uninspired. Gameplay seems slow and not very creative. Now, if I started hearing people talk about how much fun it is, I'd give it a shot, but not for £10.

My suggestion is, if you believe that the game is incredibly fun, let us play the prototype because the video isn't selling it. But I'd make the price for playing the game lower.

Oh, and the option to have between 1-3 stars controlled by AI is a must.

BadHabitGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »

Hi,

thank you all so much for your feedback! Your comments are great help to us, because working on the game so passionate made us a little blind. We will definitely improve the things you mentioned. We had a lot of local playtests and the game was too much fun to let it die. But obviously we failed to communicate the core aspects of the game.

Currently we are in contact with artist that are ready to jump on board and help us to rework the visual design of the game.

As stated in our kickstarter giving up is NOT an option for us and we will keep pushing the game further towards our vision.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer,
Max & Phil
locknic
Level 1

Dominic Mortlock

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 06:02:53 AM »

The game itself looks actually pretty fun. Personally though, it looks like a game that would be more suited for mobile devices. If it were an iPhone game, I'm sure I'd jump into a few games while I'm on the bus or something. Also, you are asking for way too much money for such a simple game. I wouldn't pay more than 2 pounds for a game like that personally, and even that is only if some of my mates told me to.

Holts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 12:51:03 PM »

I have a really good article about how to lunch a successful kickstarter but that is at work. I will post the link when i get to the office.
Holts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 03:51:15 AM »

I found a few more links that might be interesting. Smiley Hope these help.

http://www.nathanielhansen.com/film-fundraising/the-ultimate-crowdfunding-to-do-list-before-you-launch/

http://www.reddit.com/r/kickstarter/comments/zzvvk/our_kickstarter_has_recently_died_after_initial/

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/07/kickstarter-stats/
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »

My first impression was: "I'm not so sure that I'd spend $15 on this."

To elaborate: it just doesn't seem to be all that substantial. A simple multiplayer game that costs $15 banking on the fact that it's 4-player locally is what it looks like from the outside.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic