Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411587 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 07:28:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEthereal - On Hiatus
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Author Topic: Ethereal - On Hiatus  (Read 48060 times)
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2014, 11:59:27 PM »

Good luck with the KS! And voted for Greenlight!

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2014, 12:01:57 AM »

awww yeah! and backed good luck with the KS, I'll try to tweet/retweet cool stuff during it :D

Edit - by the way can you write whatever you want for the Kickstarter auto tweet? or do you have to follow a KS template? Cause if you can change it, I'd add a few #indiedev and #gamedev to the tweet... So it will be seen in more streams.

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2014, 07:47:57 AM »

Thanks guys!

@knifeySpoonie: I'm not sure actually. I've just been directly linking it in tweets with hashtags and pictures attached to draw attention.

The first day isn't even over and we've already hit about 10%. Not bad! I'm hoping we get momentum up this morning though. As for greenlight we've got a 67% yes vote ratio. From what I've heard that's really good!

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »

If anyone wants to help me out... what would really help is if I had posts on subreddits, 4chan, neogaf and especially on somethingawful. Unfortunately, all of those are against self-promotion. Talk about Ethereal on those places and it'll help a ton!

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »

If anyone is interested in reading, three articles have been written about Ethereal so far (that I know of). Check em out!

Press Mentions:
Polygon - http://goo.gl/qHkcgm
Destructoid - http://goo.gl/D7zdwz
Cliqist - http://goo.gl/xtjAKu

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2014, 08:22:07 AM »

Two new press articles that out!
Kanobu.ru (A Russian Site) - http://goo.gl/ovjAfZ
Develop Online - http://goo.gl/psYnMh

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2014, 11:02:10 AM »

AS expected, thing have slowed down considerably... a little too much though.
We're at 17% of our goal and day 3 is almost over. That's not terrible, but we're gonna need to work really hard to get those numbers up. If you like Ethereal, please consider supporting us! If you can't, I understand. You can always share with other people!

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2014, 01:26:07 PM »

Update #1 is out on the kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thomasfinch/ethereal-a-game-about-life-and-death/posts/1020112

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2014, 08:28:31 AM »

Mini-Update: 10/20/14

Hey guys, we're working on various worlds' concept arts for the next update. We'll be releasing a trailer and a kickstarter update with them. Both will go into detail about 3-4 of the game's worlds, describing the memory, various mementos, etc.

Stay tuned and spread the word. We still need as much help as we can get!

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2014, 08:05:26 AM »

Mini-Update: 10/24/14

The kickstarter isn't doing as well as we hoped. We got a lot of money early on, but momentum slowed down to a crawl. We're working on big updates about the various worlds with new concept art. We'll do that as a press release with a video and hopefullly the kickstarter will get a big boost. The good news is that people seem to actually really love Ethereal. According to the stats, our problem isn't really a lack of willingness to pledge. Our issue is lack of exposure. So atleast we know people want the game. I think that if we had a lot more of the game to show and a larger variety of puzzles and enemies, things would have spread faster and press would have been more willing to write about it. So far we have about 15 articles, though most of them are from smaller sites.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2014, 03:40:21 PM »

Mini-Update: 10/27/14

Hey guys, I'm posting an update on the kickstarter tomorrow, so stay tuned! Here's a sneak peek!

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2014, 10:18:06 AM »

Devlog Update #74 - 10/28/14

Hey guys, I just posted our second update on kickstarter. It has a some new concept art and I go into detail about three of the worlds' stories!

Check out the update here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thomasfinch/ethereal-a-game-about-life-and-death/posts/1032462

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2014, 06:16:10 PM »

Finished reading the Kickstarter post:

The premise of this game is absolutely beautiful and awe-inspiring.

The thought you put into crafting each and every game aspect to coincide with meaningful and life-altering events in your father's life is commendable.

When I get paid, I'm making this the second Kickstarter I've had the fortune to back.

I wish there were words emotionally invasive enough to express how much that post moved me.

iamwhatonearth
Level 0

Find me on tumblr: iamwhatonearth.tumblr.com

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2014, 01:48:14 AM »

The concept looks good and the art is gorgeous. I probably wouldn't buy it since it looks like the type of puzzle that's meant to by played by people who love a challenge but good luck!

Find me on Tumblr: iamwhatonearth.tumblr.com
Find me on Deviantart: whatonearth.deviantart.com
The game I'm making: thetowncalleddata.weebly.com
shellbot
« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2014, 02:14:00 AM »

Gorgeous!
However I do want to see more in the gameplay department. I'll be sure to check out the KickStarter after I get some sleep.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: November 03, 2014, 09:40:15 AM »

Thanks, guys. Smiley
My next kickstarter update will focus on the gameplay. Unfortunately, it'll lack art, however.

Mini-Update: 11/03/14

Wanted to keep you guys updated on what's going on. Greenlight campaign is going well. I'm sure we'll get on Steam eventually so I'm not really worried about that. The kickstarter, however, is not doing well. Less than 25% of our goal with less than half the time limit remaining. It's very unlikely we'll make the goal unless we get a couple BIG backers. Unfortunately, without proper funding I won't be able to pay the artist. He's already looking for new work at this point. I've taken on a lead programmer position for Dinosword, but don't worry... if Ethereal gets development funding I'll still be able to work on Ethereal full time.

Currently, I'm looking for a publisher of big time investor. I'm still working on the kickstarter, of course, but not getting my hopes up. The good news is that the kickstarter's conversion rate was actually fairly good. The number of backers vs. the number of views is actually better than a lot of kickstarters. The bad news is the page has barely any views. So, my problem is lack of exposure. At least the problem isn't simply that people dislike the game. Tongue

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »

Ethereal is on hiatus until funding is secured.

Hey guys, I'm sure you've noticed the kickstarter is not going to succeed. 60ish hours left and only about 25% of the goal. We had a higher than normal conversion rate, so people like the game and wanted it to happen... but the amount of page views was abysmal. We lacked exposure for sure. I'm sure the kickstarter would have also done better if we had had more time to prepare. If we had showed more levels and abilities, it definitely would have done better. Unfortunately, we couldn't continue development without money. The artist had to find other work in order to pay his bills.

So, Ethereal is officially on hiatus UNTIL we secure funding. I'm talking to some publishers and investors. Meanwhile, I am working on smaller, faster games with Jeremy Lowther from Lowercase Games. If one of those games does well, I'll be using the earnings to pay for Ethereal's development out of pocket.

Thanks guys for all the support and I promise the game won't be on hiatus forever. It's extremely important to me.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2014, 05:27:18 PM »

Good luck, and it's really a shame that the kickstarter didn't go as planned. I wonder if the goal was too high?
Anyways, insert [michaelscottsayingnoooooooooo.gif] here.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2014, 06:06:20 PM »

The game looks awesome, although all my finances are being invested in making my platformer happen I backed at the 1st level and retweeted and hope it will help just a bit.

chegr
Level 0

Don't play baseball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2014, 04:22:33 AM »

Good luck with finishing it. You really should do it.
I've spoken to the artist yesterday, so this news were not news to me.
I wish other good projects coming to you as well.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic