Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 12:06:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDoes the author of Atomhex frequent this board?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Does the author of Atomhex frequent this board?  (Read 1703 times)
Mischief Maker
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:02:11 AM »

If so, check your friggin' email!

Is there some advantage for indie developers to sell with a system that requires the author to manually register your payment and send out a key to each individual customer personally instead of the services that automatically spit out an activation code immediately upon the credit card clearing?
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 12:47:07 PM »

Is there some advantage for indie developers to sell with a system that requires the author to manually register your payment and send out a key to each individual customer personally instead of the services that automatically spit out an activation code immediately upon the credit card clearing?
No middle man. I imagine the advantage is entirely on the side of the developer. For the user there is no advantage. Of course if there is no advantage for the user there will eventually be no advantage for the developer, but whatever.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Mischief Maker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 01:20:36 PM »

Really?  I assume since he's doing credit card payments through paypal that they'll take a cut anyway.  Maybe it's a smaller cut than Plimus.
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »

For the user there is no advantage.

If there's no middle man taking a cut, he can charge less. That's an advantage to the user.

Gnarf
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 03:27:26 PM »

It sounds very indie to do it like that. Very very.

For whatever it's worth, I think the creator of AtomHex frequents that YakYak place, going by the handle "MarkInc".
Mischief Maker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 03:40:41 PM »

Thanks!  Now he will learn that no matter how indie he is he cannot hide from his customers!!!
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 04:14:38 PM »

Quote from: guesst
No middle man. I imagine the advantage is entirely on the side of the developer. For the user there is no advantage. Of course if there is no advantage for the user there will eventually be no advantage for the developer, but whatever.
Is being tied up to your email and wasting loads of time an advantage? C'mon, e-commerce fees are all around 10%. It's really nothing for so much convinience on both sides.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic