Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 02:09:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWoohoo!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Woohoo!  (Read 1091 times)
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:53:22 PM »

I finally bought a working computer! Which means I'll be able to participate in the tig game nights and all that indie stuff.

It's a used laptop, cost me 650 dollars. A bargain, I searched around online and this particular type is selling from eight hundred to a thousand dollars. Guy I bought it from botched windows somehow, he didn't tell me that. Windows was unstable, wouldn't boot up.

Luckily, with about ten minutes alone, using skills I learned deep in the forest, I managed to restore it to factory condition.

I bet the stupid knob is giggling with the joy of a schoolgirl, thinking he just pulled one over on me.

Little does he know he could have easily fixed the thing himself. Nobody swindles Smithy.

Anyway...

I came here excited today, thinking there'd be a post about game night, and there doesn't appear to be one.

Which is just as well because I'm probably not going to be around this Saturday.

But still... Nifty.

Damnit, it just occurred to me that I could have talked the guy down and got a better deal. Ah well. Next time.

jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »

You could still pretend to be furious and urge him to give you some money back because it's a broken laptop he sold you. You must make the right impression on people (with all that lumberjacking having built up muscle after muscle) to succeed in this.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic