Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411669 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 11:44:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralPsi ops is free.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Psi ops is free.  (Read 2292 times)
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2008, 11:47:11 AM »

This might be old news, I haven't been keeping up with the gaming news lately, but psi ops is apparently free now. Just checked out fileplanet and saw the download under the free games page. Looks like its ad supported, but still, awesome.

This was one of my favorite games and to this day its the only game I've ever played where "ragdoll physics" actually entertained me and added something to the experience.

Definitely one of the best sleeper hits that's come up in a long while.

The game itself is a third person shooter in which the protagonist has the typical magic jediesque powers, telekenisis, pyrokenesis, mind control, etcetera.
Snag it if your interested.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 12:04:41 PM »

seems that fileplanet works only with internet explorer... ok, i'm going to download it from a torrent  Roll Eyes

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 12:11:15 PM »

Don't roll your intercon eyes at me! I'm using firefox 3, just like all the other indie nonconformist indie people on this site.

I will say good day to you, sir.  Gentleman

policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 12:16:24 PM »

I watched some gameplay video, and it looks kind of like the upcoming star wars game without star wars.

Downloading
Dragonmaw
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 01:38:11 PM »

I'm free for tonight if you want to go out with me.

(Also Psi-Ops is rad.  I wrote the powers guide on it on GameFAQs.  Teehee)
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 01:48:41 PM »

i'm downloading it in the "legal" way, i just opened a directory an changed the path with the fileplanet url, automagically the directory morphed in internet explorer (that i don't have but you know, windows xp has it on the kernel) and started to download a "fileplanet downloader" than now is downloading the game itself...  Huh?

All the other indie nonconformist indie people uses Opera  Gentleman

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 02:33:08 PM »

I've heard the name before but I've never seen any media on the game.  Kinda looks like Second Sight, which I enjoyed.

Are the ads terribly annoying?

tweet tweet @j_younger
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 03:41:15 PM »

It's probably one of those apps that "phones home"

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 10:47:08 PM »

My friend brought this over for PS2 one day and we had a blast. You would think the co-op would be terrible, since it involves one person controlling the character and the other person controlling the psi powers, but in fact it's great in a Katamari sort of way, fumbling around together and yelling "Shoot! Shoot now!" "You're not on him!" "I am now!" Plus you can do sweet moves that wouldn't be possible in singleplayer.
Never played it by myself. I'll probably DL it when I get a chance though.

Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 06:41:17 AM »

My brother had this game and i saw him beat it. It actually has a really cool premise, mind controlling your army so that they'll fight regardless of personal injury.

I watched some gameplay video, and it looks kind of like the upcoming star wars game without star wars.
It is. Well, an earlier generation of it sans the physics engine. But you can levitate an object you're standing on to surf over gaps.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 10:39:29 AM »

I've heard the name before but I've never seen any media on the game.  Kinda looks like Second Sight, which I enjoyed.

Are the ads terribly annoying?

Probably not. Usually when commercial games go freeware it'll show you an ad after you quit the game, which doesn't really bother me much.

And if you hold psi ops and second sight up to the same light and try to compare them, you'll see second sight as complete junk. I made the mistake of playing psi ops first, the way second sight played felt watered down and the telekinesis was awkward in comparison. Psi ops is a helluva lot more violent, though, so if that would turn you off you might not want to get it.

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 01:40:31 PM »

Just started playing it; pretty fun so far, but the TK control is hard for me to get used to. Also, has anyone else noticed an issue with the audio? I know I shouldn't be nitpicking a free game, but it gets kinda annoying to hear the dialogue in the pre-rendered cutscenes stutter constantly. I will still say that this looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 05:01:57 PM »

Okay then, giving it a shot.

Hooray for a three and a half hour download Undecided

Edit:
And if you hold psi ops and second sight up to the same light and try to compare them, you'll see second sight as complete junk. I made the mistake of playing psi ops first, the way second sight played felt watered down and the telekinesis was awkward in comparison.

Well, I've played it for a bit now (past the head-popping lesson), and honestly I enjoyed Second Sight more.  I dunno, they've both got cheesy stories, but Second Sight was cheesy in the right way for me, I guess.  And I think SS did a better job of pulling you into the story right away.  I don't really feel like I've gotten into Psi-Ops yet.  Eh, I'll give it a while longer and see if it picks up.

I do enjoy that the teacher dude's hair keeps changing though Tongue
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:52:03 PM by deadeye » Logged

tweet tweet @j_younger
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic