Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 05:02:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1954397 times)
peteandwally
Level 0

how could i fail now

View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: August 21, 2014, 09:35:21 AM »

Hi Everybody,

My name is Stephen, but I usually use Pete and Wally for various projects. In the late 90's I made obscure electronic music using fruityloops (now fruity studio or something), and was an active member in slsk. As school got more demanding, I set that aside, but ended up getting into image processing in the last few years. I've always had a bio focus, and I work a lot with fluorescent images of cells. However, learning about the technical aspects of imaging taught me generally about coding. As I got better (using Matlab), I learned more about the math and fell in love with game design. For a while, I was fairly active in the pureZC forums and made a few zelda-themed games for zelda classic. I've also made a maze game in matlab, which is useless to everybody. However, I did get back into music, making midis for a few people at pureZC.

Now, since graduating earlier this month, I learned some python and followed some roguelike tutorials. I also picked up jquery and web design enough to put together my own page. Blah, I tend to be all over the place, and while I really should just grow up and get a job, I know I'll always make extra time for small projects. Hence, I came here. Hopefully, I can learn a lot from you guys and eventually contribute something unique and fun. I'm also interested in making educational games, something that could teach biophysics and cell mechanics while not being horribly technical and mathy.

My first game was contra for the NES. I used to play with my Dad when I was around 6 years old. I don't play too many games now, but I love let's play videos. Usually, I'll have one on in the background while working. Get in touch with me if you have a channel or suggestion. Otherwise, see you around the forum Smiley

~ PnW
martocao
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: August 21, 2014, 02:06:52 PM »

Hey everyone, here is Martin Cao, from Red Katana Studios, based in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I founded the Studio in 2010 and been doing several games since then focused on working with Unity framework. We did own IP, WFH, etc. always trying to do our best and learn from every experience. We have experience specially in Strategy and Simulation games, but developed other genres as well.
We are currently developing a game for PC, and if we can make it Consoles and Tablets too Smiley and are doing currently a Kickstarter ks.fallena2p.com and Greenlight on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=294011098
I hope we can interact and have feedback from you!
Thanks!
sterlingware
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7762 on: August 21, 2014, 06:25:28 PM »

Hi all!

My name is Onome and I've been making games for about 5 years. A few years ago, a friend and I got together and founded Sterling Games to work together making games in our spare time. Earlier this year, I took a sabbatical from my full time employ to focus on developing full time.

I love playing games of all types and format (some of my favourites: Civ, The Sims, Fifa), but I love making games even more. Looking forward to getting to know this community a bit better Smiley

kabumere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: August 21, 2014, 10:04:22 PM »

Hey guys!

My name is Kevin. I've always loved technology and started programming when I started school (comp sci majors unite!). We were going through your typical range of programming classes and languages when I finally realized... I love OOP languages more than anything. But I had to figure out what I could apply it to. And of course I came to games! My life-long love lol.

I initially wanted to program for iOS since I have an iPhone myself, but of course Apple only allows people who own Macs to build their programs at the end so I went with Android instead.

Starting on my first official Android app as soon as classes let out in June, and FINALLY just finished it today *wipes sweat*. As backwards, fragmented and horrendously undocumented as Android is, I have to say I wouldn't want to have started programming on any other OS, looking back on it. So many hurdles I came across that I had to face on my own, no stackoverflow, no documentation, no nothing. Good life lessons.

Anyway nice meeting you guys, definitely see myself being active on these here forums. People here have such great ideas, it's going to be nice having a place to bounce ideas off one another.

Anyone else programming for Android (specifically using Andengine!), hit me up and lets discuss horror and love stories!! Lol

*Newest App*
Breached: Tap Defense
Role-playing, science fiction Tower Defense game
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=abumere.games.towerdefense
RocketBottleGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7764 on: August 22, 2014, 01:57:58 AM »

Hi everyone,

I suppose I will introduce myself first. My name is Michael, and I am a designer, marketer, community coordinator, writer, and general wearer-of-hats at Rocket Bottle Games, a mobile game developer. We're a team of seven right now, and we are launching our debut title, Chicken Scramble for Android and iOS. Check it out at https://www.facebook.com/chickenscramble.
CoffeeInfused
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7765 on: August 22, 2014, 02:48:00 AM »

Hi Guys!

I'm Maddy and I'm currently acting as the public relations person for Coffee Infused Studio.  I'm also a designer and basic sound person when we can't find an actual sound person.  There's also Ben (Artist/Animator/Designer), Jacob and Rory (Programmers) and James (Sound), but I'm generally the one posting all time, woo!  We're a small indie team from Brisbane Australia.  We met during a final year gaming project and apart from losing two other members, we continued on making games we wanted to play, survival horrors are kind of our thing lately.

I figured giving a little team intro could be helpful.  As for me, I'm a huge survival horror fan, any game that can get me scared I love.  I got into gaming after my aunt and uncle bought a N64 to keep at their house.  Ocarina of Time was my life as a kid (thanks in part to getting it off the cute guy next door.  He was 15, I was 7 and in love because he was tall and looked hawaiian, it was never going to work), now I'd probably say the Bioshock series or Red Dead Redemption are my favourites outside of survival horrors.  A good storyline will generally have me sold.

I'm in my final year at QUT as a games design and interactive entertainment student.  I would love to get into more serious games in the long run, ideally creating educational programs for kids.  I've mostly worked on games with Coffee Infused and a few serious applications (tenancy rights for disabled/non-english speakers & a budget app for managing disability payments) with other small teams.

Not really sure what else to say.  I guess most of my postings here would be about our games rather than serious stuff since they won't appeal to everyone.  Looking forward to seeing what you all are doing!

If you made it this far, thanks for reading!.
russdaddy2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7766 on: August 22, 2014, 07:35:47 AM »

Hey guys! I'm Nick! An artist and aspiring game designer heading into my last year of undergrad with a BFA in Digital Art and Design. I know a little about programming (mostly C#) and have made some small projects in game maker and unity. I'll likely be working on a new game in september with some buddies at school, and I can't wait to start posting some of my stuff and getting inspired by all the great work I see on here!

Btw check out some of my work here : https://www.behance.net/russdaddy2  Shrug

nickrussodesign.com
GroundhogGrafix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: August 22, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »

I began pretty much like Derek said, playing video games on NES and my Commodore 64. My father also created electronics design programs for the C64 too, which I guess was an added inspiration. I started teaching myself programming at the age of 12 on a TRS-80 (older folks will know it), after that I went to the Commodore 128, to the PC and began programming in Microsoft Quick Basic 7.0 and Microsoft Quick C 2.0 and now moved on to IOS development using my first object oriented language Objective-C in conjunction with SpriteBuilder and Cocos2d.

Stop drooling, at least I made it short! lol
Hobbsicle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: August 23, 2014, 10:15:21 AM »

Hey all, my name is Brian Hobbs, and I'm a part-time indie developer from Fort Worth, TX.  Have a company called Polar Bird Studio, and we made a puzzle game for iOS a couple of years ago called The Way We Roll that looks like this:

Now working on some narrative-driven games in Unity.
Nathan Cleary
Level 0

Professional Composer & Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7769 on: August 23, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »

Hi,

I'm Nathan a Games Composer from Brighton UK, I am always writing music inspired by video game music, I grew up with the SNES, N64 and various Gameboy generations and loved every second of it! Smiley

I also speak Japanese with the help of my girlfriend teaching me which is very cool, I just recently arrived home from traveling around Japan which was breathtaking by the way, and am looking to embark on my composing career, I went to University to study Guitar but have changed to a Music Production course now to train my skills as a producer and a composer being able to single handedly deliver top notch music for games and bespoke outlets.

It's great to meet a community of such nice,. creative people that developers, musicians and artists are and it's amazing that video games can bring all of us together!  Smiley

Thanks,
Nathan Cleary

---- Video Games Composer & Sound Designer - www.NathanClearyMusic.co.uk - Discord: NathanCleary1#5718  ----
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7770 on: August 23, 2014, 11:53:39 PM »

hey all. i'm robert j! lake, or rj lake, or just rj is fine. i've been making art, writing, and music since i was eight years old. for seven years now i've done music for homestuck; i've got about 2 hours of music for it in the can, alongside other stuff for a game here and there.

some of the music i've done is this: http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/stellarum-salve

some of the art i've done is this:

i've been an obsessive indie game nut since basically always. way back in, like, 2006, basically all i did was play cave story and lyle in cube sector and all the nifflas stuff. i had my perfect 4:3-screened windows xp computer set up for it. i was a baby child.

in 2012 i played fez a few weeks after it came out via borrowing a friend's xbox 360 for a month and the experience honestly was what made me finally decide to make video games instead of just -thinking- about making video games and talking about game mechanics to my friends like i'm discussing baseball statistics with an ant. so i'm trying that now.

uh, favorite games include sonic cd (maybe best soundtrack of all time, possibly), command & conquer (ditto; favorite one is tiberian sun), cave story (as mentioned above), super monkey ball 2, shinobi 3, and ratchet and clank: a crack in time (a very recent favorite relative to the rest).

i'm working on a big game thing and a few other game things right now and i probably need a programmer who's better than i am to do things unrelated to:
-music
-visual art
-writing
-concept
-game design

basically the backend stuff. ithat or i'll teach myself that, like i've taught myself everything else.

felt like it Seemed Like Time to join this forum, and honestly i don't really know why i didn't before. so hello there.

uh i guess here's the dude from this game i'm doing have fun

also more stuff can be seen at my blogsite if you wanna look: spellmynamewithabang.com

i plan on hopefully sticking around aight gonna have myself a Browse through here

bogygames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: August 24, 2014, 01:45:57 PM »

I'm lian, Cloud Computing Solutions Architect and wannabe indie mobile game developer.
I've grown playing master system, snes, megadrive and so on. Now I wanna start making games for kids until I get proficient enough to make something better. Hello to everyone!
CesarD8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: August 24, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »

Hi, my name is Cesar Orbenes, I'm an aspiring indie game developer, and currently a programmer and a game designer of sorts.

I wanted to make a complete post for my introduction but it's late and I'm tired and I want to see "The Strain" so, making some sort of short version:

I loved games since the first time I saw one. I have spent half of my life in front of a screen playing something and the other half doing the things that any normal and productive person does: Eat, sleep, study, work, etc. Anyway, at some point at my life, I decided that I wanted to make games for a living so I chose a degree in Animation and Digital Media (which turned out to be some sort of Computer Science for Games) and got a job at a local educational games studio, which is where I am right now. The thing is that I don't like making educational games, at least not the ones that they make me do, so I'm now working to get myself out of there by making games that I love. I don't remember how I discovere tigsource but looks like a good community so here I am.

And that's it, thanks for reading this far and we'll see each other later. Well, read each other. See ya doods.

smizmeal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7773 on: August 25, 2014, 05:59:28 AM »

Hey everyone, I'm currently hobby game developer. Even though I have played games my whole life (mostly PC games), I never really thought about making one until after I already learned to program.

I love games that host complex worlds of simulated agents like Mount and Blade and Crusader Kings II. My current main project is based a little on these. I also really enjoy roguelikes and RPG games with random loot like Diablo and Borderlands, but I'm not working in that space right now.

The reason I'm here at TIG is that I'm mostly skilled in programming, not so much in design/art/music, so I'm taking the opportunity to learn from all you amazing artists AND programmers here.

Thanks for the great resource!
LastLifeHorror
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: August 25, 2014, 11:04:30 AM »

Hello, all!

I'm a European journalist by day, writing mostly about politics and economics. But I also occasionally make the odd game in my spare time.

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LastLifeHorror

And I blog over at Last Life Horror

Cheers,

Joe
moonbear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: August 26, 2014, 01:17:00 AM »

Hi, everybody! My name is Justin and I love all things creative. For the passed 17 years I've been composing music...mostly for myself. However, over that past couple of years or so I have decided to venture forth into other realms of creative expression such as game development. My experience with gaming goes all the way back to Burgertime for the Colecovision in the 80's when I was just a whee lad. I can't wait to showcase tidbits from the game I've been working on.

level20wizard
Level 0

Don't do memes

View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: August 26, 2014, 03:09:01 AM »

Well, here we go, first post...

I am 15 and make games because I love them and the idea of creating worlds is too awesome to pass.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:17:52 AM by level20wizard » Logged
RareSloth
Level 0

making apps and taking naps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7777 on: August 26, 2014, 05:08:12 PM »

My name is Brian and I'm the co-founder of http://www.raresloth.com.

We finished our first game called Yukon Warrior, an action-adventure game.

We love sloths. If we "make it" we're buying one.

Our mobile games: Yukon Warrior | Furdemption | King Rabbit
Arbos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: August 27, 2014, 06:05:32 AM »

Hi, my name is Arbos. I'm a developer and I'm trying to develop games for a living.

You can view my current games here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Bytenjoy
LeafThief
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7779 on: August 27, 2014, 07:02:12 AM »

Hey everyone,

my name is Stefan and I am a developer from Vienna / Austria / Europe where I work as a game designer for Mi'pu'mi Games.
When I'm not developing games as part of a bigger team I work on my own stuff, which is mostly Games/Experiences and 2D Art.
There is a very very small chance that you could've seen some of my stuff before since I participated in a few LDs already. Here are some of them:

My greatest inspirations (and foundations) are Adventure Games from the 90s (MI 2 and FOA obviously), yet I am also a huge fan of titles such as Kentucky Route Zero and Papers Please (I watched the devlog Smiley).

Anyway I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this great community! If you'd like to get in touch with me you can do so on twitter (handle: @leafthief) or via tubmlr (http://leafthiefgames.tumblr.com)

The Lion's Song Devlog - 1910 Point & Click Adventure
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic