Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 12:47:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessThe unknown Indie developer.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: The unknown Indie developer.  (Read 14318 times)
tametick
Level 3

Could take weeks, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2012, 07:56:24 AM »

In many\most places in the industry a CS degree is an advantage, that is all I am saying.

I wasn't replying to that, I agree that it's an advantage (especially if you don't have professional experience).

I was replying to

and there is competition on the good jobs, so...

There is actually a real lack of good, experienced programmers (at least in cities with significant relevant industry).

However if you don't have experience (be it as an employee or an at least somewhat accomplished indie) or want to get the most sought after jobs (google/valve/etc), it's probably pretty rough.

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »

In many\most places in the industry a CS degree is an advantage, that is all I am saying.

I wasn't replying to that, I agree that it's an advantage (especially if you don't have professional experience).

I was replying to

and there is competition on the good jobs, so...

There is actually a real lack of good, experienced programmers (at least in cities with significant relevant industry).

However if you don't have experience (be it as an employee or an at least somewhat accomplished indie) or want to get the most sought after jobs (google/valve/etc), it's probably pretty rough.

Yea, I agree with you on that.

Master of all trades.
CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2012, 01:49:10 AM »

Great to see you here too! :lol:I work for an indie developer, we spent years developing a browser game. Mostly driven by a dream, I joined them for achieving that dream. Before we got investment, things were just tough - no good office, low pay, etc. But dreams never fade, we posted the game videos on almost all video-sharing websites, and finally an investment company noticed. We still call us an indie because our dream never changes, vision never deviates, and the game itself is the decisive one.

City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork beings, and countless unknown evils.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic