Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411593 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 12:01:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)How many of you use tablets for your game art? Is it a good idea to get one?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: How many of you use tablets for your game art? Is it a good idea to get one?  (Read 11459 times)
godsavant
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2008, 12:38:53 PM »

Okay, another question, this time about brands. I've been hearing good things about Wacom and Intuos products, but they're way outside my price range: a 50-dollar bill; even the Bamboo Fun Mini is $60. Instead, some people have referred me to more bargain-priced tablets like those made Genius and Adesso.
       However, I've read somewhere that they have extremely crappy drivers, and in the case of Genius, have been known to rape the computer internally. I guess you get what you pay for...maybe I'm just being a cheap prick, but does anyone have any warnings for me?
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »

I've only tried wacom products, but they are the leading brand, with extremely good quality. I'd say save up and get a bamboo (or if you win the lottery/work, an intous3), but it really depends on what you're going to use it for - you might not need as precise a tool if you're working with pixelart.

If you can find them, graphire 3 (or even 2) - the last generation of wacom tablets - are very good too, and shouldn't cost much nowadays.

I AM FREE!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic