Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 11:36:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Finnish 3D modeling hobbyist looking for Finnish indies
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Finnish 3D modeling hobbyist looking for Finnish indies  (Read 1878 times)
Vylaroth
« on: January 20, 2009, 12:12:22 PM »

Yo!

First of all, I don't know if this is the right section to post this so mods please move it if it's necessary.

So now on to the subject: I'm searching fellow country men, especially from Tampere region in which I live, to collaborate with on some sort of game project. The game itself shouldn't be anything overzealous (*cough* indie MMOs *cough*) but rather something small and implementable. I'm not looking for profit either since I wouldn't be able to work on anything full time because of university assignments.

I'm a 21-year-old self-taught 3D-modeler and texture artist. I've also learned some animating.

Here are some of my works. I've made all the models and textures. The Zero Gear ones I've animated too.

The chain for the cross is missing in this pic since the alpha wouldn't work right in Blender:

And here's more shots of the same model with less dramatic shadows and working alphas:
http://uta.fi/~vl82277/upload/werewolf.jpg

All these character models I made as a fan contribution for the indie game Zero Gear (everything except the characters are property of Nimblebit):

So, if any other Finns browse these boards and want to create something together, feel free to PM me or post in this thread. If someone happens to live in Tampere, it would be awesome to meet face to face and babble about game developing in general.  Durr...?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:30:50 PM by Vylaroth » Logged
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 02:52:28 PM »

holy shit these images are badass

eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:53:43 PM »

Hm, male/female?

Vylaroth
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »

I think I intended him to be male.  Mock Anger Hand Metal Right
jute
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 04:18:20 PM »

That Chthulu model would have come in handy for the last TIGComp.

Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 05:21:50 PM »

I'm from Tampere but I don't think we have the same concept of unambitious (what you meant by overzealous I think). Being a 3D modeler, you presumably aren't interested in 2D games?
Vylaroth
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 05:38:36 PM »

I just tried to refer to the naive projects that try to pull off big game studio level stuff with too little, inexperienced manpower. When the amount of content and skill needed somehow relates to the structure of the dev team, I'm all in for it.

I love 2D games but I've never made any sprites. 2.5D, top-down and other fixed 3D views are cool too though!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic