Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411571 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 08:24:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 538582 times)
oranda
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #980 on: June 10, 2010, 08:51:06 AM »

Noooooo! No love for me!
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: June 10, 2010, 08:57:13 AM »

Noooooo! No love for me!

For me either, but it's all good.
Making one last iteration of Space Dreams.
YES I KNOW IT'S DONE but I finally found a bit of music for the cutscenes, and I'm adding one more easter egg.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 10, 2010, 09:02:40 AM »

I can't see the articles in any of those links.

Were they removed or something?

Either way, tonight I'll start work on Sharks and upload another version of TWT with several optimizations, and possibly a less retarded HUD.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
RaustBD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 10, 2010, 09:04:57 AM »

hey, I'm a composer, and a while back I worked on a remix of some of the under-appreciated action52 songs. I completed remixes of ooze and space dreams before running into problems. Here's the song so far:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/339588

If you like it, and are interested in remixes of other action52 songs, I'd be happy to help out with this epic project!
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 10, 2010, 09:12:59 AM »

RaustBD, I'll be checking your stuff. Depending, I could be interested in some music help.

I just played more of the original Sharks. Fuck, that game is as interesting as watching a sac of bricks.

L
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #985 on: June 10, 2010, 09:34:13 AM »

For me either, but it's all good.
Making one last iteration of Space Dreams.
YES I KNOW IT'S DONE but I finally found a bit of music for the cutscenes, and I'm adding one more easter egg.
Not to sound like a Badgering Barnaby but I've reflected on Space Dreams a bit more and could you humour me by reducing the player's moving-around speed by say 25%? I think that would make the controls just a big tighter and give the kind of precision I was hankering for in my previous impressions. That's all, just that.
L
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: June 10, 2010, 10:13:02 AM »

For your perusal: The first 3 hours of Silver Sword development. Currently it's just a splash screen and a walk through an empty forest.

X - lock your direction, shoot sword beam.
Arrows - stumble around.

The plan is this. The eponymous sword possesses three elements: fire, silver and ice, which harm ice, mutant and fire foes, respectively. The sword's beams are fire-type when launched, but rapidly cool to silver, and then congeal to ice at their farthest reach.

This means that each element is tied to distance - fire for near, silver for mid, ice for far - so you'll need to approach the enemies at varying distances to be most effective against them. Sometimes this means getting into their firing range, or sometimes it means having to get some distance between them!
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 10, 2010, 11:20:47 AM »

I like your ideas L.

I was thinking of getting SS myself before. My idea was more of a simple smashTV/dungeon crawler mix thing with maybe very simple attributes and leveling stuff.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #988 on: June 10, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »

no*

* oh that's real great that you've finally gotten very basic features in finally, because if i recall correctly you were too busy being an <irc drama>idiot worthless op</irc drama> in #tigirc to have done anything in the past month that i'd turned a blind eye to your lack of progress. i really don't mind if people think i'm being subjective here, because in all honesty, i am -- but i don't know what part of all of those warnings in the rules about "please have some developer experience" you didn't quite understand that you thought "hey bro, i can get away with this."

in summation: no, and especially not for someone as worthless as yourself. for anyone who wants to see some desperate nerd try to save face, please keep yourself subscribed to this great thread: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=13057.msg391543

Great trollin' broski. You sure got me. "Desperate nerd" and savin' face, it's what I do best. Maybe if you weren't busy being such a baby in IRC, I wouldn't have had to deal with it. And now you pull out your classic "HUH HUH LOOK AT THE NERD HUH GUYS." You're such a child.

Not like I'm going to make excuses. I put off development because I didn't feel motivated until just recently. I sincerely fucked up there, and I fully support you taking me off the project. Now I'm doing it, not because I want to "save face," but because I have all these sprites (courtesy of Mesh, Ein, and Ghostwheel) and I don't really want to discard them offhand.

I see L has taken Silver Sword, so I'll change the name of my project so nothing gets confused and speak no longer of being reinstated. I asked because in the 2 days I'd been removed, I was actually working on it while nobody had taken it. Now that someone has, I'll leave it to him!

If you didn't want to drag drama into the thread, you shouldn't act like... well, you.

I wish Super Joe were unbanned.

For your perusal: The first 3 hours of Silver Sword development. Currently it's just a splash screen and a walk through an empty forest.

X - lock your direction, shoot sword beam.
Arrows - stumble around.

The plan is this. The eponymous sword possesses three elements: fire, silver and ice, which harm ice, mutant and fire foes, respectively. The sword's beams are fire-type when launched, but rapidly cool to silver, and then congeal to ice at their farthest reach.

This means that each element is tied to distance - fire for near, silver for mid, ice for far - so you'll need to approach the enemies at varying distances to be most effective against them. Sometimes this means getting into their firing range, or sometimes it means having to get some distance between them!

That looks good! The cooling mechanic on the sword looks interesting, although I'm wondering how fun it'll be in practice.

Are you planning on doing a set of linear levels like the original game?

It's interesting how different people have different takes on the game.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:08:12 PM by Dragonmaw » Logged
RaustBD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 10, 2010, 02:43:14 PM »

hey, guys, I tried playing the silver sword thing on my mac using crossover, and it froze my computer.

Is there any way at all you could make this collection mac compatible?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #990 on: June 10, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »

Probably not. Only a few are Mac-compatible by default (the ones in flash, for example).

Some would have to rebuilt from scratch in new engines.

AUST
RaustBD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 10, 2010, 02:57:36 PM »

oh hey, hangedman, what did you think of my space dreams remix?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #992 on: June 10, 2010, 03:08:24 PM »

oh hey, hangedman, what did you think of my space dreams remix?

Was very cool, but a bit fast-paced for the leisurely pace of the game itself.
Still, awesome remixes. You should keep at it  Wizard

Speaking of which...

VERSION 1.FINAL!
Finally found the music I wanted for the cutscene, so I put it in, polished up the movement and fixed a bug in the combo system.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7216965/SDDK13.rar

AUST
Mkoi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 10, 2010, 04:40:46 PM »

Here's my reviews and playtests of all the games so far (exluding timewarp tickers)

Spacedreams - Great game, very hard to keep your combo. I love hearing the baby laugh and cry during slow mo. Only thing that I found that was wrong (but trivial) was being able to shoot after my 5 lives were up.

Bubblegirl Rozy - Fantastic job on this game, was a great play through. Enjoyed the new power ups you got from enemies and liked the inclusion of trophies. Boss was great, rather easier, but he's still fun to fight. I also enjoyed the cave-story like graphics.

Hambo - I actually couldn't play this one for more than 6 minutes. I got motion sickness from spinning the same direction over and over and had to stop.

Fuzz Power - I didn't like the singing in the beginning, but I liked the singing at the end. The game itself was good, took me a while to figure out how to kill the boss though. :p Again, I liked the cave story like design, I also noticed that they used this game's theme song as the title song for Cheetah Men II.

Dedant - wasn't able to play due to my graphics card not having "VBO" whatever that is.

Beeps and blips - Very fun, but very very hard. I gave up at the boss once he started shooting the white bomb type things because I kept dying because I often lost where I was due to the screen shaking so much. I'd suggest you make the screen not move as much, that's pretty much my only suggestion.

Silver Sword - Simplistic and boring, but hey, that's what the original game was too! I like the graphics a lot though.

Jig Saw - Perfect mind racking puzzle platforming game, and great art to boot. Took me way to long to beat it than it should have, I found no flaws.

Mash Man - Great art, great music, good story line, but sad, sad ending. I didn't really like the sound of the scrolling text, but it was tolerable.

Shooting Gallery - Nice art, simplistic but at least better than the original haha. I liked the addition of the Keep up game, found no flaws.

Streemerz - Man this was one hell of a game, took me almost an hour to beat. It was hard as hell but satisfying to beat in the end, I liked the dialogue and the 8 bit graphics as well, it really felt like I was playing an NES game. Found no flaws, but I didn't go for all the money.

AtmosQuake - Difficult controls, bland graphics, you can shoot just by holding down x, and just plain boring. Sorry but this game just seems like it was soppily made and just rushed as fast as possible.

Jupiter - Nice graphics, but there are a few flaws. Some meteors go astray to where you can't shoot them any more, but they don't damage the buildings. A big problem is not being able to move fast enough to shoot comets, and not being able to shoot repeatedly fast enough also.

Star Evil - Whenever I go to play single player easy, a colored circle appears with a score up-top saying 000000, but nothing happens. I've tried rebooting it and pressing all the buttons but nothing happens. Whenever I do single player hard, the same thing happens but just a darker colored circle appears and nothing works.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 10, 2010, 05:43:34 PM »

(exluding timewarp tickers)

Sad

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 10, 2010, 06:02:43 PM »

Also, Melly, your HUD is not retarded. It's just in need of a little tweaking! I really hope the new design isn't too far from the old one. All it needs is a little bit of adjustment so that it's clear which point means "empty" and which means "full".

Making it flash or beep when down to one hit left might also help. Possibly use a clockish ring effect to keep with the theme?

-SirNiko

Edit: Also, while it's on my mind, I'd like it if maybe when you move over a Time? or heart you can't get (because you're full) it'd be nice if it made a little "gruff" sound and shook a bit to say "Hey, I know you touched this but you can't have it because you're full". But that's on the "Stuff that would be cool but totally unnecessary" list.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:07:12 PM by SirNiko » Logged
oranda
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #996 on: June 10, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »

Dedant - wasn't able to play due to my graphics card not having "VBO" whatever that is.

Out of curiosity, what kind of card do you have? That's mostly a driver feature, and it's been supported since the early 2000s on pretty much everything.
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #997 on: June 10, 2010, 08:31:09 PM »

Here's the latest version of Non Human

It has two new minibosses and a bunch of lil tweaks and a title screen. Its the last update for a while because I got this huge commission I need to take care of that's running late.  Some stuff is a bit rough around the edges because I sorta rushed this, I didn't plan working on this tonight!

I'll get this more polished in about a week or so when I'm free again. Then Ill finish that ridiculous hard mode I keep talking about, which should take about 2 more weeks.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #998 on: June 10, 2010, 08:53:54 PM »

Loving non-human. Best sprite-work in the whole competition. My eyes are bugging out!

Only real complaint I have is that the game is ludicrously easy. You have way too much health.
L
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #999 on: June 10, 2010, 09:19:40 PM »

Star Evil - Whenever I go to play single player easy, a colored circle appears with a score up-top saying 000000, but nothing happens. I've tried rebooting it and pressing all the buttons but nothing happens. Whenever I do single player hard, the same thing happens but just a darker colored circle appears and nothing works.

;_;

Does the title screen's Attract Mode play, at least?

Anything different happen when you use the level skip cheat? (Push 'right' on the title screen 5 times.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:24:19 PM by L » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic