Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 12:27:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingheART - The Indie Exploration/RPG/Adventure!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: heART - The Indie Exploration/RPG/Adventure!  (Read 4186 times)
3dpursuit
Level 0

My name is Ed, Freeware Dev.

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2011, 04:54:29 PM »

I finally finished this. Started this about a year ago and took a 7 month hiatus. Sigh. Thanks for all the support from everyone who made this project possible. I don't know why I finished this, but I did. I hope you really enjoy it.
http://heartindie.co.nr
"Play the story of Eid, a boy in love as he traverses a world in search of his loved one. The game can take anywhere from 2 hours to 10 minutes depending on how you rush through it, and what you search and find. Depending on those factors, it'll make the game easier or harder, and result in one of 4 endings! Have fun! Has elements of free roam, exploration, roleplaying, platformer and adventure. The beautiful soundtrack is by p4trick-- or Patrick Moriarty"

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/168030-heart

or at GameJolt

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/platformer/heart/4765/

The thing that i find most unique is that everything except the room is randomly generated. All the objects, flowers, monsters, mines and hearts are randomly generated. Depending on how you go about the game you'll get one of the 4 endings!

Please, i'd like all the feedback i can get
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 11:51:35 AM by 3dpursuit » Logged

New Jersey Freeware developer. Prefers creating exploration & Puzzle platfomers.
Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 12:02:26 AM »

The screenshots look interesting, but I baulked to install the yoyo games plugin.
FYI   Durr...?
Desert Dog
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:40 AM »

@Glinka:
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/168030-heart-ed-scheindlin/download

Smiley

Ozeotropo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 05:05:09 AM »

Nice game. I rushed to the finish, didn't take me long. I love the aestetics and the music.
I think the gameplay it's quite fast (the movement overall) but it's ok.

Also, I didnt find a way to avoid the spikes near the start, I had to pass hurting myself.

Working on: Lonk's Adventure
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 07:44:33 AM »

@Ozeotropo

You most likely did not get the desired effect rushing through it, as some of the enjoyment IS the exploration. Thanks for playing though Smiley and no, theres not.

New Jersey Freeware developer. Prefers creating exploration & Puzzle platfomers.
SixgunShogun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 08:07:57 AM »

I opened a chest and crashed the game as it tried to draw a "non existent sprite"   Epileptic
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »

That's odd. Only 1 other persons ever found that bug, and I've NEVER come upon it... Because of that, I have no clue how to fix it.

seramis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »

Ugh. I guess i suck hard here, but how do you get pass the main screen? I get that i can scroll between options by using the arrows but either something is wrong with my computer or I'm just too stupid to find the right button. Enter, space, control, E and the usual ones doesn't seem to work.
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »

z....

seramis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »

Thanks mate. Playing it right now, so far its seems awsome. I love games focused on exploration. The music and visuals are nice.
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »

Thanks Desert Dog, I'm usually more inclined to play games if I don't have to install additional plug-ins ^_^ 

Downloading the game now... I'll let you know how it goes once I've played it! 

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 01:06:48 PM »

Looking forward to giving this a go.

3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »

@ Seramis, Supershigi, Baconman

Just tell me what you think when your done Smiley)

Filth
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »

Still loving the graphics, I'll try this tomorrow if I remember to.
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »

Thanks Filth!

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 01:54:09 AM »

I came to a point in the lower Cerulean Field where it appeared to be open to the left (no foreground), and yet the game still had solid blocks that prevented my movement there. The concept is good, I like the BGM so far, and the physics are fair (I have no idea how to beat enemies - is it hop'n'bop style? Or do I just avoid them altogether?).

I lost the first area after colliding with a single enemy (the blue bull-looking thing), which drained my life repeatedly by connecting repeatedly - it's movement speed appeared greater than the knockback for taking a hit. You can get a bit more "pushy" when it comes to hit knockback.

moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 05:32:40 AM »

I dig most exploration-based platformers, so I dug this. Enjoyed the fast pace and the leveling up stuff.

3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 10:56:57 AM »

Thanks moshboy! Glad you enjoyed it. And odd, when colliding your supposed to bounce up, and it's a hop and bop, so when you bounce up, you can come down and kill the enemies. You prolly didn't know that.

dlan
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »

really good ! too bad the game is so short, I'd like to use my special moves on enemies a little longer  Smiley

the music is really good, it fit the game quite well, the only nit pick in this area, is that the sometimes there is a little pause when the music restart.

about the gameplay, the physics feel ok, it's fast, but nothing unmanageable so far. I just feel it hard to see if you damage the enemy or if it's the other way around, seem like I always loose life when I attack an opponent, maybe it's intentional ?

the concept could be extended on a more longer game, so perhaps more power could be added, or the player could choose his special moves.

anyway, good job Smiley
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »

Thanks! I lost inspiration along the way at the end, and the project overwelmed me and it seemed too much like work, so I tried to end it. I do agree 1 more map so that the dash ability could be used would have made it much better. But I'm glad you enjoyed it :DDD

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic