Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411664 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 05:59:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingQUIMDUNG TOWER
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: QUIMDUNG TOWER  (Read 1348 times)
Quikding
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 21, 2011, 04:48:57 AM »

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:42:04 PM by QUIMDUNG » Logged
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:17:44 AM »

yeah.. what's with the name??

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
seramis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:36:06 AM »

Haha. This game is ridiculously hard. Smother movements would be nice, or more predictable enemies.

The skull is nice. HAAAW HAAAW.

Edit: DAMN this is hard. Im at level 4, and it really is all about building walls and trying to trap the enemies, but it really is up to chance if you survive or not. Something compels me to continue to try though. Maybe it is the CALL OF QUIMDUNG.

Edit2: Now I am in the Gale room.... This is madness.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:57:06 AM by seramis » Logged
rtpg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 01:33:34 PM »

I like the aesthetic......feels nice and windows 3.1 floppy game. 

Would be nice to have some smoother movement, and maybe a small chance in hell of winning Tongue
Quikding
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 02:20:59 PM »

what does it mean to touch the screen?
what actions occur?
what buttons are presented?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:42:31 PM by QUIMDUNG » Logged
cystem glitch
Level 2

wack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:57:10 AM »

I beat the original version but I will try this new one out when I get a chance.

My feedback on the old version was that it was too glitchy, sometimes you could tap an arrow to face in that direction without moving, sometimes you would move a step right away even if you had tapped it really really quick. When the red gale is introduced it seemed the rule would be it has to hit a block 3 times to destroy it but half the time the collision would glitch out and it would instantly eat the block and continue moving forward like it had bounced around inside it. I got the stage out of bounds error a bunch of times, and holding right and pressing space at the beginning of the match would sometimes erase the starting block and let me move one space to the right and other times I would step into the block and place a block on the other side before getting kicked back (2 blocks now instead of no blocks as intended). Finally, also a collision issue, regular gale can kill you if you are surrounded by blocks if it hits the diagonal (approaching from say upper right empty square).

All in all I like games like this but the controls and the collision have to be spot on. I will download your new version when I get a chance and try to kill a lady in her house again (possibly my mother?) and see if it helps, but really you need to change the way collision is tested (and only let stuff hit the object closest to an it's last position, never  be allowed to hit something past an occupied square) and hopefully poll for key presses in a more efficient matter so we control the guy more concisely (a quick tap to face in a given direction, and holding a button down the same amount of time should always result in the same movement. This was not the case when I played).

You told me, never to limit myself to one style...to use any move that works...TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND!
Quikding
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 07:09:46 AM »

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:43:19 PM by QUIMDUNG » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic