Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 10:17:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSaturnine, Ambient "Game"- Early Screenshots
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Saturnine, Ambient "Game"- Early Screenshots  (Read 985 times)
RobAnthony
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:06:18 PM »

***Edit, forgot to introduce myself. Name's Rob (suprisingly) I'm a third year student on the BA computer visualisation and animation course at Bournemouth uni, soon to graduate, I enjoy making games and the technology behind them, I am looking to eventually make some games in my spare time. My tools of choice are C++ and OpenGL. Currently researching modern realtime graphics programming. My favourite type of game are platformers (super meat boy being amongst my favourite) and ones that evoke feeling, Flower/Braid/Sotc.

I'm not that great at programming, but I'm hoping to get there one day, would like to collab at some point too.
cheers!

right, take two:

Here are some tests from my game (second attempt at programming anything serious in C++ and OpenGL),
The "game" itself is just a walk through of a landscape with shaders and music interpolating between moods to try and create emotion.

playing around with real-time post processing (all done with a screen aligned quad and GLSL):

example of the sound for one particular part(made up of many interchangeable loops that react to where the player's avatar is):
http://robanthonyjames.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ambient11.mp3

I'm using Ubuntu, compiling with GCC, and FMOD for the sound
I'll hopefully post more of this once it matures into something a bit more tangible. It wont be AS abstract as the screen-shots posted above, but hopefully will maintain a large amount of it. I'd just like some feedback as I go.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 05:06:36 PM by RobAnthony » Logged
RobAnthony
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 03:41:29 AM »

If any mods think this should be in DevLogs, if you could move it I'd appreciate it.

anyway. It's currently running on linux and once I've started porting it over I'll post it up (may be some time as busy with other projects). It's FAR from finished, however my deadline is the 6th of may, so that should give me time to stick some infrastructure in.

I'm not in uni currently so can't get new shots, however, here's the humble beginnings:

I'll try and get some videos up asap
kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 05:31:02 AM »

Looks good, cant wait to play it...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic