Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411661 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 04:12:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBeret - 2D puzzle platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Beret - 2D puzzle platformer  (Read 1140 times)
Kiwisauce
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »

I've been working on a 2D puzzle platformer called Beret. Here's a screenshot to start off:

You play as a scientist and former employee of the Evil Corporation who has decided to single-handedly bring down the company by using his telekinetic powers. The game is mostly about solving puzzles with telekinesis, running around through the departments of the Evil Corporation smashing enemies against walls, and collecting Medallions, which give Beret the clearance he needs to access higher levels.

The full game has 21 levels, but right now I only have a demo version of the first four levels up on my website: http://kiwisauce.com/beret. There are versions for Mac OS X and Windows. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with this game distribution-wise...

I have a trailer for the game as well, which shows off many of the puzzle elements:

Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback, comments, or anything else about the game. Thanks!
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »

Hello, the game looks very good, so it's difficult to find aspects that can be improved. Maybe, the main character could be characterized better using some nice animations, so you could give more "depth" to him. Anyway, congratulations, great game!

kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 06:00:44 AM »

I like it, the music and graphics go well together. The full game will be great I have no doubt! The only concern I might have is how playable would it be for a person who has no mouse, ie. laptop with track pad. Have you done testing on that kind of setup?
Kiwisauce
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:58:02 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! I have done testing on a laptop with a track pad, kidchameleon, and your concerns are warranted - it can be tough to control in places. Since precise mouse control is such an integral part of the game, though, I'm not really sure how to go about fixing that without changing the whole feel of the game. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »

Hmmm that's a tough one... I'm trying to visualize playing with a laptop. I guess using a track-pad would be fine but the buttons on them wouldn't be ideal, so perhaps have a key bound for picking things up. Say the player is using WASD for movement, their thumb could be resting on the spacebar and the other hand could be used for the track-pad. This would eliminate the need to stretch for a track-pad button.. Of course I would leave the LMB bound as is, should the player prefer...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic