Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411698 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58454 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 19, 2024, 01:49:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Emulating a system-wide Mouse click/down
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Emulating a system-wide Mouse click/down  (Read 1253 times)
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »

Does anybody know?
I'm working on a modification of Johnny Chung Lee's Wiimote Whiteboard.(to work on more machines more easily, etc)

I'm on Windows, and using SFML. If there's a way to do this within SFML, that's just be sweet. If not, is there any relatively painless way to do this with the Windows library? I'm using Code::Blocks.

Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 08:43:26 AM »

have you considered autohotkey? I know its not c++ but you could have a c++ program call autohotkey scripts...

alternatively, take a look at the windows mouse documentations.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »

Hmmm.

The program I'm modding was made in C# using Windows Forms.

In the application, he used a SendInput() method to control mouse events.

Microsoft's documentations say to use MouseEventArgs and OnMouse<x>() methods to simulate the mouse-- but I'm not sure if that'd be systemwide or application-centric.
And for the nature of it simulating, it's not going to actually control the mouse, like I want.

Can anyone help?

I'm trying to mod this application to make it work on 64-bit systems, to no avail. Simply building it gave no results.(except a strange crash whenever I try to close a form)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:23:16 PM by Jakman4242 » Logged

salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »

Does anybody know?
I'm working on a modification of Johnny Chung Lee's Wiimote Whiteboard.(to work on more machines more easily, etc)

from that website:
* there appear to be some issues with 64-bit machines, and BlueSoleil. Alternative Bluetooth software may work. Check the forum for more info.

I'm guessing he was talking about the forums at wiimote project.

I did some digging, apparently Smoothboard is the alternate application you are looking for (does the same thing as white board and is 64-bit compatible).

Apparently the problem with Johnny Lee's software is that it uses an out of date version of BlueSoleil. If you would still rather modify it then it is a matter of changing BlueSoleil to a newer version. Apparently, this also means that the window forms mouse control should work...
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »

I found Smoothboard, and have yet to try it.(I don't have any Wiimotes on hand)

The problem with it, so it seems, is that it isn't free. But it does look like a package that really might be worth it. I'd need to test to evaluate that decision, of course.

I was able to connect to the Wiimote via bluetooth just fine in Windows 7, unless you're saying the program uses a BlueSoleil API.(which I certainly didn't see)

salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 08:51:54 AM »

I was able to connect to the Wiimote via bluetooth just fine in Windows 7, unless you're saying the program uses a BlueSoleil API.(which I certainly didn't see)

My bad, BlueSoleil is something different altogether. I was mixing it up with this.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic