Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 12:54:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHammerwatch - On Steam the 12th
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Hammerwatch - On Steam the 12th  (Read 174480 times)
SeanTL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »

Nope, still doesn't show up, Try using CTRL-ALT-LMB to link them together.
Ahh, thank you.

Also:

Here is how to files should look:

customlevel:
 -sound:
  -music.xml
  -audiofile.ogg

and the XML file:
<soundbank>
   <sound name="e_l">
      <source res="sound/e_l.ogg" />
   </sound>   

</soundbank>

Note: the <source res="sound/e_l.ogg" /> should be the link to your audio file. I do not know if there is a size limit, but my audio file is 4.2mb.
Slaneesh
Level 0

Why be personal about it?

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »

Ahh, so really I wouldn't really need monsters.xml and players.xml... And you're also welcome.
SeanTL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 05, 2013, 01:46:56 PM »

No, you do not need them, cheers!
Slaneesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 05, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »

Nope, still doesn't show up, Try using CTRL-ALT-LMB to link them together.
Ahh, thank you.

Also:

Here is how to files should look:

customlevel:
 -sound:
  -music.xml
  -audiofile.ogg

and the XML file:
<soundbank>
   <sound name="e_l">
   </sound>   

</soundbank>

Note: the <source res="sound/e_l.ogg" /> should be the link to your audio file. I do not know if there is a size limit, but my audio file is 4.2mb.

Sorry to say, nothing shows up, my files are under 6MB. I've done everything right; I hope. And yet, nothing shows up.
SeanTL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 05, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »

Carry this on in Private Message, alright?
Slaneesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 05, 2013, 02:48:47 PM »

Me and Sean has been going over this in skype. And apparently my editor can't pick up custom sound files. Any idea how to fix this?
Myran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 05, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »

Can you post your soundbank and i'll take a look.
SeanTL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 05, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »

Myran, he went to sleep, but I sent him MY sound bank, and even then it did not work, even though it works on my system, I sent him an entire test with the sound file and everything pre-cofigured, here is the soundbank:

<soundbank>
   <sound name="e_l">
   </sound>   

</soundbank>

Also: Loving the editor. Did you see my post about the editor working with shadows on now?
Myran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 05, 2013, 04:33:18 PM »

Myran, he went to sleep, but I sent him MY sound bank, and even then it did not work, even though it works on my system, I sent him an entire test with the sound file and everything pre-cofigured, here is the soundbank:

<soundbank>
   <sound name="e_l">
   </sound>   

</soundbank>

Also: Loving the editor. Did you see my post about the editor working with shadows on now?
Its strange that it didn't work with a soundbank that worked for you, it could be that his sound file used something that we don't support (like some special sample rate).
Edit: Oh, I just read that you even sent the sound file..  well, that is really strange then. Do you know if he got any error message from the editor?

And yeah, I saw the editor was fixed for you, I'm glad although I would have liked to know what actually caused it Smiley I did a bunch of changes so I'm not sure exactly what the issue was. Was it only fixed in the editor or does it work in the game as well now?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:39:16 PM by Myran » Logged
SeanTL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 05, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »

He did not say he had any errors, just that he can not find any custom sounds. It is only the editor though. Also, I did not mention this, but in the game, the TAB menu does not usually show the money/health/mana status of players, it kind of flickers, I will get a screenshot and email it to you.
Ozymandias
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 05, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »

Is there a button to launch hammerwatch with the map straight from the editor? I was pretty sure I didn't miss it but I might have, in the case that it does not exist it should! Should just open the current map in Hammerwatch with basic singleplayer settings.
SeanTL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 05, 2013, 09:19:40 PM »

Is there a button to launch hammerwatch with the map straight from the editor? I was pretty sure I didn't miss it but I might have, in the case that it does not exist it should! Should just open the current map in Hammerwatch with basic singleplayer settings.

CNTRL+T, or Tools>Rungame
Ozymandias
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 05, 2013, 10:36:40 PM »

CNTRL+T, or Tools>Rungame
I saw that, and I was like "oh there it is, derp" oh well.
Slaneesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2013, 01:53:20 AM »

Well, now I've woken up.

Its strange that it didn't work with a soundbank that worked for you, it could be that his sound file used something that we don't support (like some special sample rate).
Edit: Oh, I just read that you even sent the sound file..  well, that is really strange then. Do you know if he got any error message from the editor?

And yeah, I saw the editor was fixed for you, I'm glad although I would have liked to know what actually caused it Smiley I did a bunch of changes so I'm not sure exactly what the issue was. Was it only fixed in the editor or does it work in the game as well now?

I do everything as instructed to be able to have custom music/sounds, but it doesn't show up in any PlaySound list or PlayMusic list.
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2013, 03:15:09 AM »

Well, now I've woken up.

I do everything as instructed to be able to have custom music/sounds, but it doesn't show up in any PlaySound list or PlayMusic list.

What happens if you just replace a sound with your own file, same name and all? Does it work then?

Slaneesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 06, 2013, 03:23:26 AM »

This is all I can find in my assets>sound folder.
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 06, 2013, 04:06:49 AM »

The extractor didn't extract the soundfiles, but try and place a sound called item_collectable.wav in /sounds/ and see if that replaces the old one.

Slaneesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2013, 04:13:08 AM »

The extractor didn't extract the soundfiles, but try and place a sound called item_collectable.wav in /sounds/ and see if that replaces the old one.

----- UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - HMW BETA 1.041 DEBUG -----
System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.
   vid ARPGGame.WorldItemBehaviors.WorldItemBreakableBehavior.OnDestroy(WorldNodeLeaf worldNode, WorldItem worldItem) i C:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Behaviors\Items\WorldItemBreakableBehavior.cs:rad 62
   vid TiltedEngine.WorldObjects.WorldItem.OnDestroy(WorldNodeLeaf worldNode) i C:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldObjects\WorldItem.cs:rad 99
   vid TiltedEngine.WorldNodeLeaf.Update(Int32 ms) i C:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldNodeLeaf.cs:rad 140
   vid TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch.Update(Int32 ms) i C:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldNodeBranch.cs:rad 52
   vid TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch.Update(Int32 ms) i C:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldNodeBranch.cs:rad 52
   vid ARPGGame.GameBase.Update(Int32 ms) i C:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\GameBase.cs:rad 942
   vid ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnUpdateFrame(FrameEventArgs e) i C:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:rad 547
   vid OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseUpdateFrame(Stopwatch update_watch, Double& next_update, FrameEventArgs update_args)
   vid OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   vid ARPGGame.Program.Main(String[] args) i C:\Arbete\Programmering\C#\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:rad 139
-----
Error fixed.

If the custom sound/music thing won't work, then I guess I'll go with default. Also, any sort of custom thing doesn't show up at all. I've looked in your example level, and the "example_tick_purple.xml" doesn't show up in any SpawnObject of sorts. =1

EDIT: I've also got a questions:
How did you make the puzzle to get to "The Gauntlet"?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:50:03 AM by Slaneesh » Logged
Huufalem
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2013, 12:09:06 PM »

My buttons won't press, I do the changedodadstate to dn but it never goes down when pressed. What am I doing wrong?
Slaneesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2013, 02:07:47 PM »

There is a way to learn this if you look at the Example level. :I
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic