Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 07:59:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBlack Cat's Story - The best game in the universe.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Black Cat's Story - The best game in the universe.  (Read 2048 times)
itzkreator
Level 0

Hi!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2016, 02:56:00 PM »

Black Cat must train and join up with his friends to defeat the tyrannical Ruffus, who is wrecking havoc on the land!

Foreword:

Hi all!

I'm looking for playtesters for Black Cat's Story. Although I've called it finished, I want to make sure I've gotten any bugs or gameplay issues smoothed out. So please provide your thoughts and feedback! Thank you!

Features:*

• Beautiful handcrafted original pixel-art graphics.
  • Incredible non-repetitive high quality music and sound effects.
  • Astonishing gameplay and life-like combat mechanics.
  • A gripping storyline which will immerse you start to finish.
  • Limitless events and characters to interact with.
  • A seamless open world to explore, where your choices influence the storyline.

Download:

www.thebestgameintheuniverse.com

Black Cat's Story has been completed! If you enjoy the game, consider liking us on facebook below!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Cats-Story/1426594324278523

Reviews:*

IGN: "Unbelievable, it's Skyrim on steroids!"
Gametrailers: "11/10, a must play for all ages"
Metacritic: "Easily one of the best games of this generation!"

Screenshots:

Additional Media
Ruffus, the main antagonist

*Features and reviews may be exaggerated and/or entirely faked.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:05:29 PM by itzkreator » Logged

IGN: "Unbelievable, it's Skyrim on steroids!"   Gametrailers: "11/10, a must play for all ages"
kangaroodev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 03:18:59 AM »

I played black cat's story for almost 5 hours, I had an amazing time playing it and so far encountered no bugs.

The way black cat is drawn, and how he is such an incredible asshole to brown dog, and replies OK to most things or any other short reply is cracking me up. Seriously, sometimes I tell myself in my mind "don't tell black cat what to do" when I'm asked to do something, the game stays in my mind. The beginning scene with Ruffus is also very funny.

I'm gonna play to finish it now, and I'll let you know if I see any bugs, other than that this game is a keeper for me. Nice humor, amusing graphics and story. Such a shame this isn't more popular.
itzkreator
Level 0

Hi!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 03:49:45 AM »

I played black cat's story for almost 5 hours, I had an amazing time playing it and so far encountered no bugs.

The way black cat is drawn, and how he is such an incredible asshole to brown dog, and replies OK to most things or any other short reply is cracking me up. Seriously, sometimes I tell myself in my mind "don't tell black cat what to do" when I'm asked to do something, the game stays in my mind. The beginning scene with Ruffus is also very funny.

I'm gonna play to finish it now, and I'll let you know if I see any bugs, other than that this game is a keeper for me. Nice humor, amusing graphics and story. Such a shame this isn't more popular.

So glad to hear that! Thanks for playing and I hope to hear what you think when you finish. Any feedback you have at all is valuable to me.

And as for it being more popular, not sure where to start. I've only just now posted it up on a couple of forums. Be sure to tell your friends! :D

IGN: "Unbelievable, it's Skyrim on steroids!"   Gametrailers: "11/10, a must play for all ages"
kangaroodev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 04:19:26 AM »

I'll post again when I'll finish it, right now I'm at the Ruins so I don't know how far I am into the game yet (the damn fish keeps dying lol). The only single thing that I can say for feedback is that the music is could be a little less repetitive, but it's not such a big deal. I know that the game doesn't have a serious theme. But I had to force myself to think about negative things, I can't really think of any. The difficulty is just right, so I had no big problems progressing further.

Maybe you should also post this on image boards and indiedb, more people need to play this!
itzkreator
Level 0

Hi!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 08:57:58 PM »

I'll post again when I'll finish it, right now I'm at the Ruins so I don't know how far I am into the game yet (the damn fish keeps dying lol). The only single thing that I can say for feedback is that the music is could be a little less repetitive, but it's not such a big deal. I know that the game doesn't have a serious theme. But I had to force myself to think about negative things, I can't really think of any. The difficulty is just right, so I had no big problems progressing further.

Maybe you should also post this on image boards and indiedb, more people need to play this!

Just a quick question, did the fly skill work for you? I had a report that the quick travel wasn't working correctly.

kangaroodev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 07:11:08 AM »

I used the fly skill a couple of times and it worked with no problems for me, kinda weird to hear others had problems with it. So far everything went smoothly, I'm at the part where I fight blackcat's hideous mom now, there were some nice puzzles before that.
itzkreator
Level 0

Hi!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 03:10:37 AM »

I used the fly skill a couple of times and it worked with no problems for me, kinda weird to hear others had problems with it. So far everything went smoothly, I'm at the part where I fight blackcat's hideous mom now, there were some nice puzzles before that.

Thanks, I'm glad you had no problems there! Hope your enjoying!

itzkreator
Level 0

Hi!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 05:52:52 PM »

woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 11:50:31 PM »

Looks like fun. I'ma try it out.

itzkreator
Level 0

Hi!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 11:13:36 PM »

Looks like fun. I'ma try it out.

Great, be sure to tell me what you think!

Mef
Level 0

8 bit massacre!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 02:49:55 PM »

Hi, just started the game recently (only got to recruit the first teammate so far) and I'm absolutely loving everything about it.
One small thing, tho - Cloth Headwraps is cathegorised as Bodygear and not Headgear as common sense would hint.

"Stand rigid for the next battle
Peace means reloading your guns
The love for life is all hatred in disguise
A carnival creation with masks undone"
itzkreator
Level 0

Hi!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 07:17:02 PM »

Hi, just started the game recently (only got to recruit the first teammate so far) and I'm absolutely loving everything about it.
One small thing, tho - Cloth Headwraps is cathegorised as Bodygear and not Headgear as common sense would hint.

Thanks a ton, wish I saw this 5 seconds ago; I just uploaded a new patch haha!

Version 1.03 now available at http://www.thebestgameintheuniverse.com/. Includes every bug fix found so far except cloth headwraps.  Cheesy

Mef
Level 0

8 bit massacre!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 01:09:33 PM »

Hey, finished it a while ago, but never got to report back...
After the end credits/slideshow rolls, there's a moment where the game returns to Black Cat saying (in-engine): "Wat think" against a  blank/black background and then it's back to the main menu. Dunno if that's intended? I was still playing the same version, did that change with the patch?

I totally need to play again to see what are the different choices for the Gun upgrade actually worth (I've taken the Rapid Fire one). Btw, after receiving the Meowhoot Cowl, I've been instructed to search for something, but the text was a bit criptic and I didn't pay enough attention - what's that one about? Is there yet another secret uber-item? PM me if you don't want to spoil it.

P.S. Succesfully made 3 other people hooked up, Black Cat is the computer game discovery of the year for us, thank you for all the witt and effort that went into it!

itzkreator
Level 0

Hi!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 07:58:31 PM »

Hey, finished it a while ago, but never got to report back...
After the end credits/slideshow rolls, there's a moment where the game returns to Black Cat saying (in-engine): "Wat think" against a  blank/black background and then it's back to the main menu. Dunno if that's intended? I was still playing the same version, did that change with the patch?

I totally need to play again to see what are the different choices for the Gun upgrade actually worth (I've taken the Rapid Fire one). Btw, after receiving the Meowhoot Cowl, I've been instructed to search for something, but the text was a bit criptic and I didn't pay enough attention - what's that one about? Is there yet another secret uber-item? PM me if you don't want to spoil it.

P.S. Succesfully made 3 other people hooked up, Black Cat is the computer game discovery of the year for us, thank you for all the witt and effort that went into it!

Thanks for the kind words! Sorry for the belated reply, I just thought about the topic and decided to have a look back here. Smiley

It's great to hear you finished it! And it was actually intended! As for the riddle/cryptic message, I think I can spoil it. It was actually a puzzle for a potential sequal which maybe one day I'll finish. Wink

Mef
Level 0

8 bit massacre!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2023, 05:20:24 AM »

Hello. Can I get a working link to the game's download, please?
I was trying to show this to another buddy of mine but I've lost my old copy and it seems like every other source has also died off in the meantime. Sad

G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2023, 04:30:38 AM »

Hello. Can I get a working link to the game's download, please?
I was trying to show this to another buddy of mine but I've lost my old copy and it seems like every other source has also died off in the meantime. Sad

I was caught by the game too and wanted to try it out. I just used the amazing Wayback Machine to get some snapshots of the old website and got a working Mediafire download link at https://www.mediafire.com/download/m2yhb922a49bcyr/Black_Cat%27s_Story_v1.03.zip.

In order to play the game you have extract the .zip archive you downloaded, then run "Black Cat's Story.exe" inside a folder and extract the game there. I guess "Black Cat's Story.exe" is kind of an installer for the game. Then you can go into the folder called "Black Cat's Story" and run "Game.exe".

Hope it helps! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 06:02:25 AM by G3Dev » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic