Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58440 Members - Latest Member: WebMobril5645

May 02, 2024, 09:30:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWALT THE CRUSHER - Play as huge brutal warrior in Medieval Russia
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WALT THE CRUSHER - Play as huge brutal warrior in Medieval Russia  (Read 1181 times)
Anton_Chemezov
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2023, 09:23:54 AM »

Hello, everybody! I'm Unity Game developer. For the last three years I have been creating a game about an epic medieval warrior who comes into confrontation with a huge bandit gang. The game is full of blood, destruction and coarse language. I would like to hear your opinion. For you, I posted the game trailer of the latest version and a link to download the game

Download link
https://anton-chemezov.itch.io/walt-the-crusher

STORY

Walter is a glorified warrior, a veteran of hundreds of battles, has inhuman strength and stamina and has been a nightmare for dragons, witches, trolls and other abominations that threaten the lives of the civilians of his kingdom.
But eventually, after 20 years of military service, he was retired back to civilian life, where he worked as a security guard at a local bar owned by his friend, and all his heroic deeds were limited to kicking out overly rowdy drunkards.

Until the fateful night when a gang of vicious thugs who like to pillage villages, torture and kill the villagers, and then burn everything down invaded Walter's hometown. They destroyed the bar where he worked, pissed on the wreckage of his favorite table, and stole Walter's supply of potatoes that he kept in his basement.
Walter is enraged, he's gone on the warpath with this gang and he won't stop until every member of this gang pays with his life for everything they've done.

GAMEPLAY

* You will have to complete story missions and secondary tasks on medium-sized maps, mostly in open spaces in the far north. The maps contain a large number of enemies, most of them are bandits armed with swords, axes and bows

* During your journey you will see a unique world, which is a mix of the Slavic middle ages and modern realities. You will visit both civilized locations - towns, villages, and wild nature - mountains, caves, forests, canyons, swamps, cold deserts and icy rivers

https://youtu.be/ofwALuecpyA

* You can destroy absolutely everything from decorations to landscapes. Using your fists, sword, bow,  spells, explosives and tools, you can turn the scenery into a pile of rubble, the landscape into Swiss cheese, and your enemies into bloody mincemeat

* You have a lot of abilities. You can interact with objects, activate mechanisms, climb rocks, swim and dive, move huge boulders, climb over fences, throw objects, set traps, use various tools, both for their intended purpose and as weapons and many others

* You can always take a break from the game plot and explore the game map, because there are many secrets and hidden places where you can find precious relics necessary to complete the game

https://youtu.be/C8vNE5kbE4g

Thanks for reading! I hope a lot of people see this post and I hear your opinions
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 11:00:47 AM by Anton_Chemezov » Logged
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 11:03:52 AM »

Wow, nice job! Lots of models and looks so nice that my trash PC had problems to run it, even on Poor graphics. Grin

Also it's pretty vulgar and brutal, which I liked! Destruction of objects was also pretty cool.
The controls seemed a little too rigid, maybe it's the fact that the mouse is always "free-to-look" so the walter wouldn't turn unless WASD was pressed, but that I'd get used to.
There was this one bug though, I think I used TAB too many times, because at one point I was either "free to run", but in a combat stance (= slow), or I was fast (= non-combat stance) BUT locked onto an npc.

Besides that, I just have notes about the combat. It felt like I'm only smashing buttons and hoping for the best: It would be nice to make block more useful - when I decided to block, it seemed like I will never get to attack again. Maybe make the enemy "stutter" a bit after a succesful block, so I can "counter-attack"?
Also the target lock did not seem to help much, I was often too close to the enemy and unable to hit anyway (often because I was hitting objects next to them I guess, or maybe they were just hitting me, I'm not even sure thanks to the locked camera - honestly it felt better to fight without the target lock).

Overall good job, looks like a full-pledged game!  Coffee
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 11:54:09 AM by DarkGran » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 09:58:27 PM »

Hey Anton_Chemezov,

The graphics were impressive.  Especially the town.  I like the attitude of the game.  It felt like Duke Nukem or Postal.

My biggest complaint is the camera.  Because the main character is so large it can be hard to see my enemy.  I agree with DrakGran about the combat being a little dull.

I'm impressed
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic