Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411563 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 02:36:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitions$150k Epic Flash Game Contest
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: $150k Epic Flash Game Contest  (Read 3546 times)
WhipFlash
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2012, 10:19:43 AM »

Hi,

Just a quick announcement for anyone interested - Adobe has teamed up with Epic Game Ads, Playerio, WhipFlash, Newgrounds and Kongregate to bring you a flash game contest with over $150k USD in prizes.

All the details can be found here:
http://playerio.com/competitions/ega2012/

Best luck to all!

Ken
Sanojian
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 10:24:36 AM »

Wow, I am starting to wish I hadn't been ignoring Flash for the last 12 years.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 11:01:17 AM »

"EPIC game ads"

"EPIC GAME ADS" !!?!?!?!

Facepalm
O Epic, you used to be so great

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Salsario
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 06:42:42 AM »

The fine print:

Rights WhipFlash will have the exclusive world-wide rights, on web, mobile, application store and all other platforms, to release, distribute, market and monetize the game.

Oh yeay and you HAVE to include microtransactions. Seems like ripoff to be honest. 30K is nothing when you have a good playerbase doing microtransactions. I would never ever give up the distributions rights to my game. Never. Having said that, they do give you 50% of the income, but I am pretty sure that will be after they deduct their costs. So be sure to read the fineprints on this one before entering.

They do however (and that's cool) let you waiver the price and thereby keep all the rights to the distribution. That's a nice gesture.
claudiom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »

The contest entered in its Beta Testing phase.

You can try out all the submitted games just by going to http://playerio.com/competitions/ega2012/reviewgames

To view games you have to register. The website will ask you a ReviewCode, just fill in the proper field with the word developers.

We have submitted our game, it's name is Ars Tactica: Elements Unleashed and it is a 2D isometric RPG online multiplayer turn-based tactic game.

The direct link to the game inside the contest page is: http://playerio.com/competitions/ega2012/reviewgame/10620/ars-tactica

Here you are some screenshots:

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:44:23 AM »

Contests like this tend to boil down to super-sketchy publishing deals, or worse.  If your game is better than 200 other games, you can get a way better publisher arrangement than $30K post-development and 50% revshare.

Some of them -- the ones that retain rights to games that don't win any money, or get tenth fiddle -- are even worse.  You get a few thousand for your labors -- less than a decent FGL deal -- and lose IP control of a good game.

Be careful, kids.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic