Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 10:40:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2333039 times)
Conker
« Reply #24060 on: December 06, 2015, 11:54:57 AM »

what is project m

modded brawl to be more competitive in the devs eyes, it was a cool experiment.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24061 on: December 07, 2015, 02:13:56 AM »

Considering the issue has been brought up here, there is the Naughty dog answer:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1151608

Neil was up late reading GAF last night despite his better judgement, so he wanted to address it. Essentially, when they cast the role of Nadine they didn't even have a look for the character yet.
They auditioned actors of all ethnicities, American, South African, white, black, etc. Laura Bailey won the part. Laura was Nadine when she auditioned, so she won the role. Then they started capturing scenes, while still working on art.
Then a concept artist drew a piece of art of Nadine as a black character, and Neil thought it was great, and Neil though it was a great opportunity to have a strong, prominent black character in the game.
But Laura was white, and they had internal discussions about that and it inviting controversy. So they decided not to finalize the look until they could actually see it in scenes. Meanwhile they kept capturing scenes with the actors they hired for the parts.
Months later, when they finally started to get character designs and animations and stuff into scenes they captured and could actually see everything in context, they thought Nadine was a great character and Laura's performance vanished into the part and you didn't see anything but Nadine and Nate as characters, so they decided not to change the character to a white character.
There's also a prominent white character that they aren't ready to reveal yet that's performed by a black actor.

IMO that doesn't save the fact that they have an habit of showing black characters mixed suspicion and aggressivity (Nadine downright kick the "lovable" main they spend building emotional attachment with)
hmm
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #24062 on: December 07, 2015, 09:02:01 AM »

Remember when they took the likeness of a celebrity (Ellen Page)?

Well they are at it again.

Can't wait your days for your imaginary aggressive VR black look alike justify even more pressure onto real life black people because you have seen in tit in person in a realistic game. SO edgy.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #24063 on: December 07, 2015, 12:28:35 PM »

wat gam is that
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24064 on: December 07, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »

Can't wait your days for your imaginary aggressive VR black look alike justify even more pressure onto real life black people because you have seen in tit in person in a realistic game. SO edgy.
what?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24065 on: December 07, 2015, 01:39:16 PM »

@torhkas
Hint: it's already happening, in fact it's historical by now if you remove the typo like "tit" (=it)

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24066 on: December 07, 2015, 05:00:46 PM »

I don't think he meant "What? I don't believe it.", but "What did you just say please clarify it." I'm not entirely sure what you said either.

And I also want to know what game that was. The hair looks really good.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24067 on: December 07, 2015, 05:04:50 PM »

Yes for the hair, uncharted 4 is really high on the details department (chest hair move)

JWK5
« Reply #24068 on: December 08, 2015, 11:42:25 AM »

My 3 year old nephew sprained his wrist and is in a cast. I just watched him beat Lego Batman 2 and kick ass in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Marvel vs. Capcom 2... one-handed. He basically is using the analogs with a pinching movement with his fingers and quickly taps buttons as necessary. Watching him accurately aim in PvZ:GW without missing a beat is fucking crazy! What makes it all even crazier is the fact that he is just kind of laid out chilling with this relaxed nonchalant look on his face, like it is taking no effort at all. I don't think I've ever been so impressed with someone playing video games...
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24069 on: December 08, 2015, 12:15:21 PM »

pic or schema of the hand or it didn't happen

Conker
« Reply #24070 on: December 08, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »

You have to upload that to youtube
JWK5
« Reply #24071 on: December 08, 2015, 12:41:11 PM »

He has "nursemaid elbow" which he gets rather easily because he is very double-jointed so his elbow and wrist tend to pop out of place when he is just normally playing around being a kid. The sprain happened when they got his arm back in place.

I should try to get a video of him playing games, that would be amusing. Right now he is tearing it up on Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:51:31 PM by JWK5 » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24072 on: December 08, 2015, 01:01:58 PM »

I meant the "playing hand", this image make me feel pain Sad

More seriously I always wanted to make a thread about gamepad "grip" I use a single finger that I never lift to access all the dace button for example, I just slide it to get different input and combination (opposite too).

JWK5
« Reply #24073 on: December 08, 2015, 01:12:39 PM »

I've reshaped and rebuilt various console controllers (most of the ones we have are modded ones). I've always wanted to get the resources to construct and donate controllers for people with disabilities, it is still something I might do in the future when things simmer down and are a little less hectic.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24074 on: December 08, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »

It's currently the best time to do it, do you knpow about the raspi 0? it's 5$ computer (roughly equivalent of wii in power but 8x the ram) that is more than competent to create those kind of interface (although simple micro controller would do, but last time I checked they were less powerful and more costly, although the energy consumption was way lower), but with the pizero you can also mount a screen. Long life open hardare.

Conker
« Reply #24075 on: December 08, 2015, 03:17:36 PM »

god i love the new raspi
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24076 on: December 08, 2015, 03:20:13 PM »

, a competitive game where a father tries to outsmart an infant child.

I like how it creates a Lemmings-like scenario where the father has to prevent harm to a Player Character who can intelligently seek out danger. Transformice did it in a more elegant way, but this has the added hilarity of portraying the infant as the intentional architect of its own demise.

I think a two on two mode could be even more amusing. I want to see where this goes.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24077 on: December 08, 2015, 03:34:32 PM »

, a competitive game where a father tries to outsmart an infant child.

I like how it creates a Lemmings-like scenario where the father has to prevent harm to a Player Character who can intelligently seek out danger. Transformice did it in a more elegant way, but this has the added hilarity of portraying the infant as the intentional architect of its own demise.

I think a two on two mode could be even more amusing. I want to see where this goes.

I had just seen this youtuber bait

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #24078 on: December 08, 2015, 04:15:26 PM »

i like how the babby looks like some kind of bizarre mutant frog creature
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile