Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 02:45:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)[SOLVED] Blender UV unwrapping problem
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Blender UV unwrapping problem  (Read 1541 times)
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2011, 12:03:32 AM »

I'm trying to unwrap the hand on my model but a weird thing is happening. The polygons of the hand are almost always quadrilaterals, except a few triangles but when I unwrap the hand, a lot of them are somehow unwrapped as triangles. I thought that it was because they were concave or something (that a plane couldn't be leading through them), but there are polygons which are much worse in this regard and they get unwrapped as quadrilaterals without a problem.

Screens:

Anyone knows how can I correct it?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:42:04 AM by rivon » Logged
anonymous
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:45:19 AM »

ahoj,
maybe try selecting the model and finding 'normalize all vertex groups'.  I remember having this problem, I think the quads get folded in half and form triangles, I remember moving one corner and finding another vertex underneath.  anyways hope that fixes it.

alternatively delete the troubling quads, and replace them with the 'F' key by selecting the vertices again.

I'm not entirely sure either will work.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:06:19 AM by Tor@noko » Logged
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 04:41:49 AM »

I found this topic on Blenderartists, where someone has the exact same problem. All I have to do is just select all the faces in Edit mode and CTRL+N then recalculates normals which corrects everything.

Still thx for your help Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic