Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411690 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 18, 2024, 02:48:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingKukoo Kitchen
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kukoo Kitchen  (Read 4077 times)
Josepho
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2008, 02:02:55 PM »

In Kukoo Kitchen, you will have to control Chill Li, an alien dog gifted with magic powers in a quest to cook all kinds of food around the galaxy. But he will not be alone, as his human friend Jessica will travel by his side, aiding him by building and selling Lee tons of wacky machines to produce all kinds of amazingly tasty dishes.

And now you can see the game teaser here!

We have notice the spell errors, we will fix it in the final version! :D

If you are interested you can see more info in the game website
http://www.kukookitchen.com/

The game will be shareware and it we will release it when its done  Smiley

-------------
Questtracers - Indie flash games!
http://www.questtracers.com/
increpare
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 02:12:05 PM »

That looks pretty cute.  Whatshername does say 'excellent' maybe a little too much during gameplay.  Could you add some variety there?
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 02:19:46 PM »

the art is pretty nice! but when i clicked the video i'm sorry to say i thought "oh no, another diner dash lookalike" Huh?

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Gregory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 02:48:20 PM »

Those animations are adorable. Grin  Production values are good, and I'm reminded of my first horrified-yet-intrigued glimpses of the Pokemon anime.
Josepho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 02:52:18 AM »

@Increpare
There are more "celebration texts" in the game, "excellent" "good" "perfect".. It says different ones depending how you complete the client petition. We cant add more because the game production is finished, now we are preparing it for its distribution  Smiley

@Eclipse
Oh, its a pitty you don like the time management games, i think they are fun. I suppouse you think that because both games belongs the same kind of game, time management, but if you look closely you will see they are very different in gameplay. Maybe you can enjoy my game even if you didnt like dinner dash! Kukoo Kitchen, for example, has boss battles, and i think they are very fun. :D

@Gregory
Ouch! I was more influenced by Futurama than Pokemon, maybe I shoudnt use anime-like graphics :D

Feedback is highly appreciated  Gentleman

-------------
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »

@Increpare
We cant add more because the game production is finished, now we are preparing it for its distribution  Smiley

Are you sure that what you want is feedback?

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 08:23:30 AM »

@Increpare
We cant add more because the game production is finished, now we are preparing it for its distribution  Smiley

Are you sure that what you want is feedback?

Maybe for a patch or the sequel?  Or just in general wants to know his mistakes for his next game?

alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 11:18:46 AM »

I think the art style is really cute and polished.  It makes me want to punch the dog in the eyeball and make him into a stuffed animal I can mass market.  Then again, he makes a mean box of fries and can pour soda into a cup.  He's almost as talented as Air Bud.

I would have to agree that I was thinking, "oh gnome, another time management game."  I guess that's where the challenge lies.  From a very broad overview, that's what it looks like.  I do really hope that you and your team do something to change the genre and surprise disillusioned people like myself.  I'll definitely play it and try it out when it (or a demo) gets released.

I pray for its completion!
Josepho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 05:28:38 AM »

Yes, thats correct Alexandersshen, we wanted to make a time management game that likes to all publics included the core players. We have tried to make rich characters and a good story, for example, the game cutscenes were half of the time of the development of the game, we have tried to make it well in every aspect of the game included the story, a thing that the other time management games lacks.

Ah another thing! We have recently won two prizes in the Laboral Artfutura 2008, the most important indie game competition! We have won the "best sound" and the "special mention of the jury to the best polished" ! :D You can see the video of the ceremony here

Of course, it is in spanish! Hope we win something in the IGF, we have submitted the game to the main competition too :D

-------------
increpare
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 11:47:51 AM »

best of luck with it Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic