Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 06:01:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJimmy: TSAFAIMHTA
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Jimmy: TSAFAIMHTA  (Read 1491 times)
alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« on: November 07, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »

Good morning, friends!  Gentleman

This is my newest game called Jimmy: The Stars Are Falling And I Must Have Them All.  It's a vertical ascent game where you try to collect as many stars as possible, chaining together as many stars to achieve a higher score and ultimately getting the big star at the end.

There's a little bit of backstory involved with this one (somehow).  It's a game that teaches the lesson of greed and how it can destroy us.  It's a message for those incapable of appreciating the ground beneath their feet.  I got the idea while I was riding the train to work.

Any feedback is welcome!

Screenshots

Download
http://www.wanderingpandacomics.com/games/jimmy/jimmy.zip (~3MB)

Jimmy Jumping

Good day!
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »

I like the idea of the message, but when Jimmy went crashing down to the ground and then burst into a spatter of blood, I couldn't take the game or its message very seriously. Mixed signals, is what I'm saying. Otherwise, it's good; I liked the window size, makes it seem appropriately minimal, kind of cozy.

Oh, and you may not have meant for the readme to be an actionscript file!

moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 03:00:28 PM »

I think the game had a certain charm, although I've seen the mechanic done quite a few times now. I think the message of greed was conveyed decently but I felt the game, even for a mini-game, was just too short. It didn't seem like there was enough scope to score really big combos because you get to the big star too quickly on easy mode and on hard mode, the stars just seemed to sparse to achieve much at all (I didn't manage to string together any combos or reach the big star on hard mode).

One thing that might make it a little fairer is if you hit two or more stars in a very short period of time that it would actually propel you further than if you just hit one star.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic