Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 02:37:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHecticube - Just Launched for iOS and Android (Sept 9)!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Hecticube - Just Launched for iOS and Android (Sept 9)!  (Read 7517 times)
GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2014, 02:08:11 PM »

GIFFY GIF

Animated the logo! Since I don't have any features apart from the multiplayer right now, all you do is tap to start after the logo animates on. I think it's a good start though for the menu Smiley.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 10:26:02 AM »

Oh damn. That title screen is elegant.

Gentleman You have my attention.

chinykian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2014, 01:09:01 AM »

Wow! Super sleek! Shocked
So going to follow this!

ndke
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2014, 11:19:04 AM »

That animation is superb!
I like it :D
GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2014, 06:32:27 PM »

Thanks guys! Coming from a motion graphics background, I really want to make all the animations in this extremely polished. It's gonna be fun! :D

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2014, 06:13:50 PM »

Here's how the main menu and themes menu look. That third menu item is for the settings but I haven't done that yet. That will probably just contain the credits + sound & music toggles. I'll try to make a GIF or two soon so that you guys can see it fully animated as well.

Main Menu

Themes Menu

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2014, 07:09:14 PM »

~~~ Update! ~~~

Hey guys! So, before the year is up, I want to finish coding the core mechanics of the game. This includes the shooting, scoring working and the game ending / restarting. I also want to start working on the powerups and figuring out how they will work. This, of course, is all for the multiplayer. Next year (or later in the month, depending on how quickly I finish everything) I'm gonna start working on the AI. I'm aiming for the end of January for the entire game to be done, but we'll see how it goes Smiley.

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2015, 12:09:54 PM »

~~~ Update! ~~~

Hah I just read my last update... I had to laugh. My vacation didn't go according to plan and I ended up doing several other things, none of which were hecticube related. I ended up doing an intro sequence for the Colin & Greg Live show on twitch and I made a new website. Apart from that, I just enjoyed some good vacation time in Jamaica with my friends and fam.

Since I've been back in NYC however, I finished the menu for Hecticube + I got an awesome sound designer to give Hecticube a voice. I really want to finish the game by the end of this month (Feb) then take it to PAX East in March and get some feedback from it + build some hype. Ideally I'll release it in March on iOS and Android and then all will be well in the world Smiley.

As for the forum here, I'll try to keep you guys in the loop Smiley. You can also keep tabs here on my site for all my game dev related posts.

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 07:19:21 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ BREAKING NEWS ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I LAUNCHED THE HECTICUBE WEBSITE TODAY!!!!!

http colon slash slash hecticube dot com

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 07:25:24 PM »

GIF from the new site  Wink

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2015, 06:12:45 AM »

*Blows dust off devlog*

Hey guys! I've missed you all! So, after a bunch of business with life, I think I'm finally, almost ready to have the release version of Hecticube done!!!! I'll try to post more frequently again as I ramp up.

Being a solo dev is quite challenging lol.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2015, 05:43:33 AM »

Love the floaty movement of everything contrasted with the fast precise movement of the cubes!

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2015, 06:26:31 AM »

Love the floaty movement of everything contrasted with the fast precise movement of the cubes!

Thanks JctWood! I'm ramping up for release, so I have a tonnnnn of updates to post here in the next 2 weeks! Keep on the lookout!!  Blink Blink

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2015, 11:11:12 AM »

Just seeing this for the first time - very cool! Looking forward to release.

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2015, 06:28:04 AM »

Hey Guys! Here's the release trailer for Hecticube, which will be out on Septembet 9 for iOS and Android.

Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2015, 06:36:08 AM »

I love the minimalistic look and colours. Will definitely try this when it's out. Smiley
GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2015, 08:29:43 PM »

HECTICUBE LAUNCHED! HECTICUBE LAUNCHED!!! It's now on iOS and Android.

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2015, 08:30:54 PM »

Though the icon says "done", I still have work to do on it and updates for everyone to look forward to in the future. But since it's launched, I figured I could use the 100% as a little trophy for the day Smiley

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2015, 12:54:33 PM »

Looks dope. I'll get it for android... does it play well on a cellphone or would I need to get it on a tablet?

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2015, 01:05:03 PM »

Looks dope. I'll get it for android... does it play well on a cellphone or would I need to get it on a tablet?

It's great playing vs the AI on your phone. It's a bit tight playing the multiplayer since it's local, but I enjoy practicing vs the AI on my phone Smiley.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic